Police: Man Tries To Rape 21-Year-Old Woman On No. 3 Subway Train
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The NYPD is looking for a man who police said tried to rape a 21-year-old woman on a subway train.
Police said the victim saw the suspect masturbating on a northbound No. 3 train in Harlem last Thursday afternoon.
When she moved to another car, police said the suspect followed her, grabbed her from behind, forced her into a seat and tried to rape her.
The suspect ran off when the train pulled into the 148th Street Station.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect who is described as a black man, between 25 and 35 years old and approximately 6-feet-tall.
He was last seen wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black hat and brown coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: East Village Pizza Delivery Man Robbed Of $22
- Cops Seek Suspect, Person Of Interest In Bronx Grand Larceny
- Police: 2 Suspects Sought In Travel Agency Robberies In Queens
- Police: Man Used Cloned Debit Card To Withdraw $2,700 In Queens
- Police Investigating Possible Bias Attack On 3 Women In Brooklyn
- Cops Seek Vehicle, Suspect In Deadly Brooklyn Hit-And-Run