NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The NYPD is looking for a man who police said tried to rape a 21-year-old woman on a subway train.
Police said the victim saw the suspect masturbating on a northbound No. 3 train in Harlem last Thursday afternoon.
When she moved to another car, police said the suspect followed her, grabbed her from behind, forced her into a seat and tried to rape her.
The suspect ran off when the train pulled into the 148th Street Station.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect who is described as a black man, between 25 and 35 years old and approximately 6-feet-tall.
He was last seen wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black hat and brown coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Burglar Makes Off With Cash In Series Of Staten Island Break-Ins
- Woman Kicked To The Ground By Pair In Lower East Side Purse Robbery
- NYPD: Man Riding ATV On Manhattan Sidewalk Bites Police Officer
- Man Bit Woman After Following Her From Brooklyn To Manhattan; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Posing As Customer Tries To Rape Woman At Queens Spa
- NYPD: Would-Be Rapist Attacks Woman Getting Into Her Car In The Bronx