NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The NYPD is looking for a man who police said tried to rape a 21-year-old woman on a subway train.
Police said the victim saw the suspect masturbating on a northbound No. 3 train in Harlem last Thursday afternoon.
When she moved to another car, police said the suspect followed her, grabbed her from behind, forced her into a seat and tried to rape her.
The suspect ran off when the train pulled into the 148th Street Station.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect who is described as a black man, between 25 and 35 years old and approximately 6-feet-tall.
He was last seen wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black hat and brown coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- ‘It’s Devastating:’ Community Mourns Mt. Vernon Teen Killed By Stray Bullet
- Police: Restaurant Workers Chase Off Knife-Wielding Man In Brooklyn
- Men Targeted Queens Center Mall’s Zales Store On Three Separate Occasions
- $10,000 Reward Offered In Shooting Death Of Bronx Mother
- Woman Tackled By Would-Be Rapist Inside Ditmas Park Elevator, Cops Say
- Woman Pistol Whipped, Cell Phones Taken During Brooklyn Home Invasion