Police: Man Tries To Rape 21-Year-Old Woman On No. 3 Subway Train
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The NYPD is looking for a man who police said tried to rape a 21-year-old woman on a subway train.
Police said the victim saw the suspect masturbating on a northbound No. 3 train in Harlem last Thursday afternoon.
When she moved to another car, police said the suspect followed her, grabbed her from behind, forced her into a seat and tried to rape her.
The suspect ran off when the train pulled into the 148th Street Station.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect who is described as a black man, between 25 and 35 years old and approximately 6-feet-tall.
He was last seen wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black hat and brown coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Missing Bronx Woman Was Last Seen In Lower Manhattan Dentist’s Office
- VIDEO: Man Punches Man In Face During Argument Over Dog In Hell’s Kitchen, Flees Scene
- NYPD Hunts Pair That Snatched Wallet From Purse In Shopping Cart At Bronx Supermarket
- Police: World War II Veteran Richard Micheaux Located In Las Vegas
- Cops: WWII Veteran Richard Micheaux, 92, Has Been Missing Since Last Week
- Police: Heating Oil Siphoned From LI Home