Police: Man Tries To Rape 21-Year-Old Woman On No. 3 Subway Train
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The NYPD is looking for a man who police said tried to rape a 21-year-old woman on a subway train.
Police said the victim saw the suspect masturbating on a northbound No. 3 train in Harlem last Thursday afternoon.
When she moved to another car, police said the suspect followed her, grabbed her from behind, forced her into a seat and tried to rape her.
The suspect ran off when the train pulled into the 148th Street Station.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect who is described as a black man, between 25 and 35 years old and approximately 6-feet-tall.
He was last seen wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black hat and brown coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Cops: Man Fondled Himself In Front Of Woman On Queens ‘R’ Train
- Police: Bronx Armed Robbery Suspects Steal $5 After Binding 83-Year-Old Woman With Duct Tape
- NYPD: Man Robs Taco Truck At Gunpoint On Upper West Side
- Police Search For Suspect In Possible Bias Attack In Brooklyn
- Police Search For 4 Men Wanted In Violent Brooklyn Robbery
- One Suspect Apprehended, Another At Large In Brooklyn Shooting