NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The NYPD is looking for a man who police said tried to rape a 21-year-old woman on a subway train.
Police said the victim saw the suspect masturbating on a northbound No. 3 train in Harlem last Thursday afternoon.
When she moved to another car, police said the suspect followed her, grabbed her from behind, forced her into a seat and tried to rape her.
The suspect ran off when the train pulled into the 148th Street Station.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect who is described as a black man, between 25 and 35 years old and approximately 6-feet-tall.
He was last seen wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, black hat and brown coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Man Wanted For Questioning In Connection With Swastikas Drawn In Marine Park
- Cops On The Hunt For Alleged Robber Donning Spider-Man Mask
- NYPD: Not-So-Good Samaritan Finds Missing Wallet, Takes $7,000 For Himself
- Men Wanted For Assaulting NYPD Traffic Agent In The Bronx
- Gun Toting Passenger Stole Jacket, Cash, And Phones From Cab Driver; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Caught On Camera Robbing Chinese Food Restaurant In Brooklyn