NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Bronx Armed Robbery Suspects Steal $5 After Binding 83-Year-Old Woman With Duct Tape
- NYPD: Man Robs Taco Truck At Gunpoint On Upper West Side
- Police Search For Suspect In Possible Bias Attack In Brooklyn
- Police Search For 4 Men Wanted In Violent Brooklyn Robbery
- One Suspect Apprehended, Another At Large In Brooklyn Shooting
- Police Searching For 2 Men In Queens Synagogue Burglary