NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Costumed Suspects Being Sought In Bronx Robbery
- Search On For Suspect In East Village Shooting
- Search Continues For Teen Suspect Wanted In Attack Of Woman On Train In Brooklyn
- Police: Couple Sought For Stealing $200K Worth Of Fur Coats From High-End Madison Avenue Stores
- NYPD Seeks 2 Men In Armed Robbery At Brooklyn Jewelry Store
- Neighborhood On Edge As Police Search For Suspect In Attempted Rape Of Elderly Woman In Lower Manhattan