NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police Search For 7 Suspects In Massive Brawl At Bronx Deli
- Search Continues For Suspect Accused Of Raping 12-Year-Old Girl In The Bronx
- Housekeeper Claims She Was Tortured By Queens Couple Over Alleged Theft
- Police: Man Steals Purse From 84-Year-Old Woman On upper East Side
- NYPD: Man Snatches Purse From Woman Outside Bronx Supermarket
- Cops: Elderly Man Found Unconscious At Coney Island Subway Stop