NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Riding ATV On Manhattan Sidewalk Bites Police Officer
- Man Bit Woman After Following Her From Brooklyn To Manhattan; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Posing As Customer Tries To Rape Woman At Queens Spa
- NYPD: Would-Be Rapist Attacks Woman Getting Into Her Car In The Bronx
- WATCH: Man Throws Brick Through Glass Window In Midtown
- Cops: Man Steals Woman’s Purse, Drags Her Across The Ground In Highbridge Section Of The Bronx