NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man, Woman Posing As Con Ed Workers Steal $70,000 From Queens Home
- NYPD: Man Grabbed Woman Jogging In Forest Park, Queens
- New York Assisting In Hunt For Pennsylvania State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Police Release Surveillance Video Of Bronx Fight, Shooting
- Cops: Burglary Suspect Entered Brooklyn Apartments Through Fire Escapes
- Cops Seek Help In Identifying Woman Found Floating In East River