NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Exposes Self To 21-Year-Old Woman And Her 6-Month-Old Daughter On D Train
- Police: Duo Swindled $90,000 From 80-Year-Old Queens Woman In Lottery Scam
- Police: Glove-Wearing Attacker Punches Woman In The Face, Tries To Steal Purse In The Bronx
- Police: Man Attacks, Robs Teenage Girl While Riding Subway Train In Brooklyn
- NYPD: Suspect Runs Off After Shotgun Jams During Manhattan Deli Robbery
- Police: Man Wanted For Throwing Garbage Can Into Window Of MTA Bus