NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Nearly 7-Foot-Tall Man Sought In Washington Heights Rape
- Police: Man Assaults Deaf And Mute Subway Rider In Brooklyn
- Missing Bronx Woman Was Last Seen In Lower Manhattan Dentist’s Office
- VIDEO: Man Punches Man In Face During Argument Over Dog In Hell’s Kitchen, Flees Scene
- NYPD Hunts Pair That Snatched Wallet From Purse In Shopping Cart At Bronx Supermarket
- Police: World War II Veteran Richard Micheaux Located In Las Vegas