NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Attacks, Robs Woman In Upper West Side Apartment Building
- Cops: Woman, 80, Injured During Strong-Arm Robbery In The West Village
- NYPD: Man Steals Macbook Air, iPad From Williamsburg Library
- Police: Man Puts 79-Year-Old Woman Into Headlock During Bronx Robbery
- NYPD: 3 Men Caught On Video Beating, Robbing 65-Year-Old Man In Bronx Building
- NYPD Releases Video Of Man Wanted In Chinatown Groping Incident