NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Cops: Men Beat Driver, Threatened Him With Gun In Bronx Livery Cab Robbery
- NYPD: Woman Attacks 12-Year-Old Boy With His Own Hockey Stick In Staten Island Park
- Cops: Men Stopped Group Of Boys In Central Park, Stole Their Cell Phones
- Police: Man Gropes Woman Walking On Street In Brooklyn
- Cops: 7-Train Groper Fled At ‘61st Street-Woodside’ Stop After Confrontation With Victim
- Police Searching For Suspect In String Of Cell Phone Thefts On Staten Island