NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Burglar Bypasses Bronzer, Makes Off With Makeup Store Cash Register
- Knife-Wielding Mugger Terrorizes Women In Queens
- Messages Of Hate Left On Upper East Side Businesses
- Men Caught On Camera Stealing $1,400 From Woman’s Bank Account
- NYPD: Man Makes Anti-White Remark, Throws Liquid In 13-Year-Old Girl’s Face In Queens
- Man Robbed As He Slept By Woman He Met At Midtown Bar; Cops