NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Men Sought In 13 Midtown Manhattan Burglaries
- NYPD: F Train Rider Bites Another Passenger After Being Asked To Move Her Bag
- Police: Man Sought For Stealing Chains From Women On F Train In Manhattan
- Suspects Fled In White Van After Trying To Pose With Baby In Maternity Ward At NYU Lutheran
- Police: Men Take Off With Cases Of Soda From Coca-Cola Truck In The Bronx
- Suspects Attacked Wheelchair Bound Man, Pistol Whipped Another In Bronx Robbery, Cops Say