NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Suspect Arrested For Taking Photos Of 8-Year-Old Boy In LI Restaurant Bathroom
- NYPD Unveils New High-Tech Crime Stoppers Van
- NYPD: 2 Hurt After Gunfire Erupts During Brooklyn Bodega Robbery
- CBS2 Exclusive: Man Recalls Being Attacked With Hammer On Manhattan Street
- Man Seen On Video Opening Fire Outside Bronx Liquor Store
- NYPD: Man Rapes Woman On Rooftop Of Bronx Building