NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Wanted In Robberies Of 3 Women In The Bronx
- Police: Man Sprays 72-Year-Old Woman With Unknown Substance During Robbery
- Search Continues For Suspect In Lower East Side Attacks
- Police: Person Of Interest Sought In Bronx Shooting Death Of 16-Year-Old Girl
- Funeral To Be Held For 83-Year-Old Lois Colley In North Salem
- Police: Man Steals $42,000 From Holiday Display Company In Brooklyn