NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Teen Knocked Out, Robbed By Group Of Seven On Bronx Street
- NYPD: Smiling Trio Sought In Two Brooklyn Subway Robberies
- Cops: Man Posing As Messenger Steals $58,000 Worth Of iPhones From NYC Apple Store
- Police: Suspects Beat Man With Sticks, Steal His Food In The Bronx
- Burglar Makes Off With Cash In Series Of Staten Island Break-Ins
- Woman Kicked To The Ground By Pair In Lower East Side Purse Robbery