NYPD Seeking Suspect In East Village Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Queens Deli Clerk Hurt After Trying To Stop Men From Taking Beer, Candy
- Police: Man Steals Security Guard’s Car During Attack Outside Queens Casino
- 3 Men Sought In 8 Violent Bronx Robberies
- Autistic Bronx Teen Missing From Brooklyn Park Is Found Safe
- NYPD: Suspects Used Stun Gun During Bronx Bodega Robbery
- Teen Charged In Connection With Rape Of 82-Year-Old Brooklyn Woman