NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Suspects Fled After Failed Attempt At Push-In Robbery In The Bronx
- NYPD: Man Tries To Rape Woman Inside Staten Island Church Bathroom
- Straphanger Beat With Cane Inside Mezzanine At Queens Subway Stop
- 2 Women Sought In Possible Bias Attack On 1 Subway Train
- NYPD: Man Rapes, Robs Woman At Gunpoint In Her Brooklyn Home
- NYPD: Men Yell Anti-Gay Slurs, Stab Man In The Bronx