NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who they said raped a woman in the East Village.
The incident occurred on East Seventh Street around 3:30 a.m. Monday.
The 22-year-old victim was walking into her apartment when the suspect pushed her inside and forcibly raped her, police said.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect who is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, and about 170 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a white hat, blue sweatshirt and blue jeans, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Elderly Woman Attacked, Robbed By Teen Male And Female In Midtown
- Hatchet Wielding Suspect Tackles Woman, Takes Off With Purse In Queens
- Suspect Made Anti-White Statements Before Slashing At Chelsea Grocery Store, Police Say
- Clerk Found Shot To Death Behind Counter Inside Queens Bodega
- Suspects Impersonated Cops, Sprayed Victims In Series Of Robberies, Police Say
- Men Used Key To Open Locked Cases In Robberies At Manhattan Duane Reade Stores, Cops Say