NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police on Tuesday were asking the public to help them find a suspect who stole a woman’s wallet as they waited in line at a Burger King in the Bronx.
Surveillance photos indicated that the suspect was pushing a baby stroller at the time.
The theft happened around noon on Jan. 4. The victim was on line to order food at the Burger King at 215 E. Fordham Rd. in the Bronx, when the suspect approached from behind and removed the wallet from her purse, police said.
The suspect then ran off with the victim’s wallet, which contained $80 and various cards, police said.
Police have released surveillance images of the suspect with the stroller.
Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS, log onto the Crime Stoppers website, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Bay Ridge Mother And Son Not Seen Since Leaving Relative’s Home
- NYPD: 8 Men Rob Brooklyn Store, Assault Employee With Shopping Baskets
- Suspects Assault, Point Gun At Man In Brooklyn, Police Say
- Elderly Woman Attacked, Robbed By Teen Male And Female In Midtown
- Hatchet Wielding Suspect Tackles Woman, Takes Off With Purse In Queens
- Suspect Made Anti-White Statements Before Slashing At Chelsea Grocery Store, Police Say