Couple Arrested In String Of Armed Robberies On Long Island
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A Long Island couple has been charged in a string of armed robberies between Dec. 9 and Jan. 7 at businesses around Suffolk County.
Christopher Marino, 29, and his girlfriend, Jamie Greco, 23 – who reside together in Medford – were charged in 15 armed robberies Thursday, Suffolk County police said. Marino allegedly held up the businesses – including six Subway restaurants – while Greco allegedly waited in a vehicle and drove him from each scene, police said.
The robberies happened at the following locations and dates:
• KFC, 800 Montauk Highway, Shirley, on Jan. 7
• Mobil on the Run, located at 3239 Sunrise Highway, Islip Terrace, on Jan. 7
• Subway, located at 600-7 Portion Road, Lake Ronkonkoma, on Jan. 5
• Subway, located at 173 Smithtown Blvd., Nesconset, on Jan. 3
• 7-Eleven, located at 2810 Route 112, Medford, on Jan. 3
• Royal Market, located 451 Glen Drive, Shirley, on Jan. 2
• Carvel, located at 536 Main St., Center Moriches, on Jan. 1
• Hess, located at 1801 North Ocean Ave., Medford, on Dec. 31
• Subway, located at 600 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on Dec. 29
• Subway, located at 402 Route 112, North Patchogue, on Dec. 28
• Hess Express, located at 440 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on Dec. 26
• Sunoco, located at 3423 Route 112, Coram, on Dec. 25
• Hess, located at 3203 Route 112, Medford, Dec. 15
• Subway, located at 2920 Route 112, Medford, on Dec. 11
• Subway, located at 2920 Route 112, Medford, on Dec. 9
“What he does is he enters an establishment, displays a handgun, threatens the employee and takes money from the register or from the employee himself,” Suffolk County police Lt. Edward Reilly told WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall earlier this month. “He’s gotten between $200 and $1,200 in each robbery. Following the robbery, he flees on foot.”
A Newsday report indicated that Greco admitted that she and Marino committed the robberies, and that their motive was to finance their heroin habit.
Marino and Greco had both been set for arraignment Thursday in First District Court in Central Islip. Suffolk County police were to show video of the robberies at a news conference Friday.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Search Expanded For 4-Year-Old Autistic Boy From White Plains Missing In SC
- Police: Suspect Charged In Rape Near Bronx Zoo
- Thousands Expected For Wake Of Fallen NYPD Officer Rafael Ramos
- Kids Say The Darndest Things About Santa
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)