WATCH: Highlights From Friars Club Roast Of Boomer Esiason
Giants CentralShop for Giants Gear
Buy Giants Tickets
NEW YORK SPORTS HEADLINES
NEW YORK (WFAN) — Hut hut — roast!
The Friars Club honored WFAN host and former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason at their annual roast and luncheon on Thursday, and we have the highlights.
Of course, the big man was a good sport as co-host Craig Carton, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, former NFL coach Bill Cowher, Roastmaster Jeff Garlin and a whole host of A-list personalities and comedians took jabs at him at the packed Waldorf Astoria grand ballroom.
Among the best moments, as passed along by the Friars Club:
– Gov. Christie announced “that in 2016 he would run for President… Of the Super Bowl Selection Committee.”
– Comedian Jeff Ross later said Christie should walk — not run — for President, adding he’d be “a round President in an Oval Office.”
– Rich Eisen of the NFL Network said Boomer is “starting to look like Phillip Seymour Hoffman with less muscle tone.”
– Former VH1 host Carrie Keagan said Boomer was no Tom Brady. Boomer replied “and you’re no Giselle!”
– Comedian Jim Norton: “Roasting Boomer before the Super Bowl is like roasting Paris Hilton before a spelling bee.”
– Norton also said Boomer’s noggin is so gigantic that he’s the “only athlete that looks like his own bobble head.”
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories