CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

Jets

Report: Over 1,000 Incognito-Martin Text Messages Revealed

Giants Central
Shop for Giants Gear
Buy Giants Tickets

NFL Scoreboard
NFL Standings
Team STATS
Team Schedule
Team Roster
Team Injuries

NEW YORK SPORTS HEADLINES

Get our weekday morning briefs direct from the WFAN newsroom
Sign Up
Jets Central
Shop for Jets Gear
Buy Jets Tickets

NFL Scoreboard
NFL Standings
Team STATS
Team Schedule
Team Roster
Team Injuries

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — On Monday, The Big Lead published more than 1,000 text messages sent back and forth between Dolphins guard Richie Incognito and offensive tackle Jonathan Martin.

Incognito was suspended during the season for allegedly harassing Martin. Martin left the Dolphins in October. Both players remain on Miami’s roster. Incognito is on the Reserve/Suspended by Club list and Martin is on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list.

Many of the text messages are profane, while others are revealing. A good portion of the messages focus on the pair’s nightlife, womanizing and engaging in excessive alcohol use.

But a lot of them also underline what both players were going through and thinking after Martin’s sudden absence led to a firestorm of controversy.

According to the website, Incognito texted the following to Martin on Nov. 1: “How u doing buddy? Feeling better?? I miss us.”

Martin responded, “Wassup man? The worlds gone crazy lol I’m good tho congrats on the win.”

That same day, according to The Big Lead, Incognito sent Martin an ESPN article entitled “Sources: NFLPA eyes Martin case.” Below it was a message that read “What’s up with this?”

Martin responded, “I got nothing to do with it man I haven’t said anything to anyone.”

Incognito replied, “I heard it’s all coming from Ur agent?”

The next day Incognito sent two messages. The first said “I need you buddy I’m getting killed in the media.” A day later, Incognito wrote “Bro can we talk? The Dolphins are talking about releasing me.”

Martin didn’t respond to the final three texts from Incognito.

According to CBSSports.com, NFL special investigator Ted Wells is expected to release a report on his findings in the Martin-Incognito case in the coming days.

“I’m a grown man,” Martin told NBC analyst Tony Dungy last week. “I’ve been in locker rooms. There’s vulgar languages in locker rooms. One instance doesn’t bother me. It’s the persistence of it … I wish I would have had more tools to solve my situation. I felt trapped, like I didn’t have a way to make it right.

“It came down to a point where I thought it was best just to remove myself from the situation.”

To read the 48 pages worth of text messages obtained by The Big Lead, go here.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories