NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for four men who they said savagely beat and robbed an elderly man in his Brooklyn apartment building over the weekend.
The attack occurred just before 5 p.m. Saturday in the Van Dyke Houses in Brownsville.
Police said the four suspects, who are believed to be in their late teens, assaulted and robbed the 74-year-old victim as he got off an elevator.
“He was laying right there on the side,” neighbor Rahmeek Mack told CBS 2’s John Slattery.
Mack said that at first he didn’t even recognize the victim.
“I didn’t even realize it was him until the ambulance came and the ambulance turned him over. That’s when I realized who he was and knocked on the door. It was my neighbor,” Mack said.
The suspects took off with the victim’s wallet, which contained $150 in cash, credit cards, his driver’s license and his Social Security card, police said.
The victim is being treated at Kings County Hospital for a broken collar bone and head injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Man Wanted For Questioning In Connection With Swastikas Drawn In Marine Park
- Cops On The Hunt For Alleged Robber Donning Spider-Man Mask
- NYPD: Not-So-Good Samaritan Finds Missing Wallet, Takes $7,000 For Himself
- Men Wanted For Assaulting NYPD Traffic Agent In The Bronx
- Gun Toting Passenger Stole Jacket, Cash, And Phones From Cab Driver; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Caught On Camera Robbing Chinese Food Restaurant In Brooklyn