NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for four men who they said savagely beat and robbed an elderly man in his Brooklyn apartment building over the weekend.
The attack occurred just before 5 p.m. Saturday in the Van Dyke Houses in Brownsville.
Police said the four suspects, who are believed to be in their late teens, assaulted and robbed the 74-year-old victim as he got off an elevator.
“He was laying right there on the side,” neighbor Rahmeek Mack told CBS 2’s John Slattery.
Mack said that at first he didn’t even recognize the victim.
“I didn’t even realize it was him until the ambulance came and the ambulance turned him over. That’s when I realized who he was and knocked on the door. It was my neighbor,” Mack said.
The suspects took off with the victim’s wallet, which contained $150 in cash, credit cards, his driver’s license and his Social Security card, police said.
The victim is being treated at Kings County Hospital for a broken collar bone and head injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Elderly Woman Attacked, Robbed By Teen Male And Female In Midtown
- Hatchet Wielding Suspect Tackles Woman, Takes Off With Purse In Queens
- Suspect Made Anti-White Statements Before Slashing At Chelsea Grocery Store, Police Say
- Clerk Found Shot To Death Behind Counter Inside Queens Bodega
- Suspects Impersonated Cops, Sprayed Victims In Series Of Robberies, Police Say
- Men Used Key To Open Locked Cases In Robberies At Manhattan Duane Reade Stores, Cops Say