SECAUCUS, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) – The mayor of Secaucus said the town will get paid by a company that was to use local facilities for the Super Bowl halftime show preparation but pulled out.
Mayor Michael Gonnelli said a representative of Touchdown Entertainment said the company would pay the town about $18,000.
The company contracted to use the local high school as a staging area for the halftime show at MetLife Stadium. Gonnelli said the company pulled out about 10 days before the game.
The company has claimed Secaucus changed the contract terms and made it more difficult for workers to get to the game and back. Gonnelli said the changes were made before the contract was agreed upon. The company didn’t respond to a message left by The Record.
Earlier this month, Gonnelli said he was considering legal action for breach of contract and was seeking $25,000 reimbursement.
Super Bowl XLVIII was held at nearby MetLife Stadium on Feb. 2.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Furry Friend Finder: Kurby And Timothy
- Interview: ‘Sesame Street’ Stars Take The Stage At Madison Square Garden
- Bitter Winds, Extreme Cold Blast Tri-State As Residents Brace Arctic Blast
- CBS2 Exclusive: Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano Denies Sexting Scandal, Says He Was Hacked
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)