Suspect Sought In Queens Attempted Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Search Continues For Suspect Wanted In Subway Attack Of Gay Couple
- Bowery Assault Victim Confident He’s A Victim Of ‘Knockout Game’
- Victims Talk About Anti-Gay Attack In Village Subway Station
- Cops: Suspect Sought For Series Of Robberies In Manhattan
- Cops: Suspect Made Off With Unattended Bags From Manhattan Restaurants
- Cops: Suspect Brandished Large Knife In Attempted Lower East Side Robbery