NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Suspect Takes Off After Punching Woman Walking Her Dog In Chelsea
- Police: Man Wanted For Groping Woman In Bronx Building
- Man Wanted For Stealing Construction Equipment In The Bronx
- NYPD: Woman In Custody For Allegedly Attacking 12-Year-Old With Hockey Stick In Staten Island Park
- Police: Suspects Beat Man In The Face With Unknown Object On Midtown Street
- Cops: Men Beat Driver, Threatened Him With Gun In Bronx Livery Cab Robbery