NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Man Wanted For Questioning In Connection With Swastikas Drawn In Marine Park
- Cops On The Hunt For Alleged Robber Donning Spider-Man Mask
- NYPD: Not-So-Good Samaritan Finds Missing Wallet, Takes $7,000 For Himself
- Men Wanted For Assaulting NYPD Traffic Agent In The Bronx
- Gun Toting Passenger Stole Jacket, Cash, And Phones From Cab Driver; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Caught On Camera Robbing Chinese Food Restaurant In Brooklyn