Suspect Sought In Queens Attempted Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Cops: Man Fondled Himself In Front Of Woman On Queens ‘R’ Train
- Police: Bronx Armed Robbery Suspects Steal $5 After Binding 83-Year-Old Woman With Duct Tape
- NYPD: Man Robs Taco Truck At Gunpoint On Upper West Side
- Police Search For Suspect In Possible Bias Attack In Brooklyn
- Police Search For 4 Men Wanted In Violent Brooklyn Robbery
- One Suspect Apprehended, Another At Large In Brooklyn Shooting