Suspect Sought In Queens Attempted Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man With 2 Kids Caught On Video Stealing Bikes On Upper East Side
- NYPD: Man Snatches Chain From 75-Year-Old Woman’s Neck In Brooklyn
- NYPD: Man Hits, Robs Teen In Bronx Apartment Building
- NYPD: Man Attacks, Robs Woman In Upper West Side Apartment Building
- Cops: Woman, 80, Injured During Strong-Arm Robbery In The West Village
- NYPD: Man Steals Macbook Air, iPad From Williamsburg Library