Suspect Sought In Queens Attempted Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Man Attempts To Rape Woman In Stuyvesant Town Elevator, Climbs Down Tree To Flee
- NYPD: Duo Swindled More Than $20,000 In Cash And Jewelry In Lottery Scam
- Police Searching For Four Suspects In Brooklyn Attack On Transgender Woman
- NYPD: Man Steals $900 From Brooklyn Bodega After Firing Handgun
- Police ID Suspect Sought In Fatal Stabbing Of Bronx Teen
- Police Search For Long Island Man Missing From U.S. Coast Guard