Suspect Sought In Queens Attempted Rape
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man wanted in connection with an attempted rape in Queens over the weekend.
A 22-year-old woman was walking on 30th Avenue in Astoria around 3:25 a.m. Sunday when the suspect approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, police said. The suspect then tried to rape the woman, but she fought back and he fled, police said.
The victim sustained cuts and scratches to her legs and buttocks, but refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released a surveillance photo of the suspect who is described as a Hispanic male in his early 30s, 5-foot-7, weighing 145 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD Seeks Help Identifying Suspect In Manhattan Burglary Pattern
- Police: 2 Men Wanted In 4 Queens Robberies
- Cops Seek Knife Wielding Suspect In Pair Of Upper West Side Robberies
- Police: Suspects Sought In Connection With Violent Bronx Robbery
- Police: Suspects Hit Coram Diner Worker With Car After Leaving Restaurant Without Paying Bill
- Police: Man Uses Fake Credit Card To Make $5,000 In Purchases At Brentwood Gas Station