Man Dead After Weekend Shooting In New Brunswick, N.J.
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — One man died Monday, following a shooting at a New Brunswick, N.J. home this past weekend.
Another man has been charged with hindering the investigation.
Acting Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew Carey said Rahim Fuqua, 30, died early Monday at a hospital. He had been shot Saturday afternoon at his New Brunswick home.
Carey said Fuqua was targeted by a group of men who fled the home in a vehicle. Fuqua was armed with a handgun, but Carey says it doesn’t appear the weapon was fired.
Also wounded was Christian Peguero, 25, of South Brunswick, who was shot in the right leg.
Carey says investigators determined that Peguero was among the group that fired upon Fuqua, and he was being held on $500,000 bail. It was not known Monday afternoon if Peguero has retained an attorney.
The third victim, identified only as a 34-year-old New Brunswick man who was sitting in a parked minivan when he was shot, was treated for a left arm wound. Carey said the man was innocent bystander.
Further details on the shooting, including what type of weapons were used, have not been disclosed.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo Bans Fracking In New York Over Health Concerns
- Panel Recommends Casinos For Sullivan, Schenectady And Seneca Counties
- CBS2 Exclusive: L.I. Students Overjoyed At Release Of Prisoner They Wrote To In Cuba
- Holiday Gifts For $20 Or Less
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)