LISTEN: Plax Plays ‘Like It Or Spike It’ With Boomer & Carton
Giants CentralBuy Giants Tickets
NEW YORK SPORTS HEADLINES
NEW YORK (WFAN) – It’s been over five years since Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg with an unlicensed gun and nearly three years since he was released from prison.
And yes, he actually has a sense of humor about the infamous 2008 incident at a Manhattan nightclub. Burress appeared on WFAN’s “Boomer & Carton” show Thursday and played a little game of “like it or spike it,” sitting through five parodies written by listeners and sung in the golden voice of producer Al Dukes.
Burress wasn’t just a good sport — he approved of three songs:
– “Bullet Wounds Ain’t Much Fun” to Billy Joel’s “Only the Good Die Young.”
– “Don’t Go Out Dancing with That Gun in Your Pants” to The Georgia Satellites’ “Keep Your Hands to Yourself.”
– “(2 Years) Is It All That Long?” to AC/DC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long.”
The one’s he didn’t like:
– “I Just Shot Myself” to Billy Idol’s “Dancing with Myself.”
– “Did My Gun Just Fire?” to Bruce Springsteen’s “Dancing in the Dark.”
There you have it.
Burress also spoke with Boomer & Carton about his future in football, his line of luxury socks, Darrelle Revis sticking it to the Jets, the best quarterback he’s ever played with — no disrespect to Eli Manning — and, of course, his time in prison.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories