NJ Woman Fears Dog Died After Being Poisoned At Park
MONTCLAIR, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — New Jersey parks officials are investigating the sudden death of a dog.
The dog’s owner, Diane Herbst, told CBS 2 she went for a walk Saturday at Mills Reservation Park with her 4-year-old dog, Gingee. Hours later, the dog became lethargic and died
Herbst is questioning whether her pet ingested something poisonous at the park.
Herbst has posted flyers around the park alerting dog owners about what happened, even though she says she’s not 100 percent certain her dog was actually poisoned.
“We take it very serious, so that’s why we’re out here,” Dan Salvante, Essex County parks director, told CBS 2 on Monday. “And I think we need more data before we can comment on that.”
Herbst also filed a report with the Essex County Sheriff’s Department.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Brooklyn Woman Indicted In Death Of Infant Son Found In Bag At Victoria’s Secret
- Valerie Harper Hospitalized After Falling Ill Before Musical
- Hempstead Grant To Help Family Bring Child With Cerebral Palsy Into, Out Of Home
- Comptroller: NYC Paid $138 Million In Settlements Related To Pothole Damage, Injuries