MONTCLAIR, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — New Jersey parks officials are investigating the sudden death of a dog.
The dog’s owner, Diane Herbst, told CBS 2 she went for a walk Saturday at Mills Reservation Park with her 4-year-old dog, Gingee. Hours later, the dog became lethargic and died
Herbst is questioning whether her pet ingested something poisonous at the park.
Herbst has posted flyers around the park alerting dog owners about what happened, even though she says she’s not 100 percent certain her dog was actually poisoned.
“We take it very serious, so that’s why we’re out here,” Dan Salvante, Essex County parks director, told CBS 2 on Monday. “And I think we need more data before we can comment on that.”
Herbst also filed a report with the Essex County Sheriff’s Department.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Baby Born At New Jersey Hospital With Zika-Related Birth Defect
- Police Release Video Of Woman Who Allegedly Tried To Take Young Girl In Brooklyn
- Stringer Slams De Blasio Administration Over Failure To Meet With Anti-Violence Groups
- Inspector General: Board Of Elections Spokesman Leaked Document Claiming De Blasio’s Team Broke Campaign Finance Laws