HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – A number of gas station and deli employees were arrested in Suffolk County Saturday night for allegedly selling alcohol to minors.
Suffolk County Police conducted underage alcohol stings at 12 businesses. Five of the establishments took the bait and illegally sold alcohol to minors, police said.
Some of the businesses were chosen in response to community complaints while others were randomly selected, police said.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree for selling alcohol to minors:
- Bal Krishan, 52, employed by B.P. Gas, 779 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- Rahat Khan, 25, employed by B.P. Gas, 1470 Route 25A, Ridge
- Muhammed Ayub, 30, employed by Express Deli, 600 Montauk Highway, Shirley
- Saad Aziz, 39, employed by Track Gas Station, 310 Neighborhood Road, Mastic Beach
- Mohammed Qureshi, 46, employed by Parkway Deli and Convenience, 431 William Floyd Parkway, Shirley
The suspects were ticketed and have been scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
The following seven establishments complied with state law and refused to sell alcohol to a minor:
- Gas Plus, 613 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- B.P. Gas, 367 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- B.P. Gas, 975 Middle Country Road, Middle Island
- USA Gas, 1146 Route 25, Middle Island
- Millennium Gas, 153 Route 25, Ridge
- Citgo Gas, 980 Montauk Highway, Shirley
- Oakwood Deli, 525 Neighborhood Road, Shirley
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- ‘Love For Luke’ Campaign Performs Acts Of Kindness In Connecticut Boy’s Memory
- Demanding Answers: Drivers Left Without Cars For Months After Parking Garage Collapsed In The Bronx
- Good Samaritan Robbed While Rescuing Woman From Train Tracks
- North Korea Test-Fires Another Missile Launch; U.S. Military Calls It Unsuccessful