News

3 Brooklyn Women Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Three women were hospitalized in serious condition after being overcome by carbon monoxide gas in their Brooklyn home on March 25, 2014. (credit: Glenn Schuck/1010 WINS)

Three women were hospitalized in serious condition after being overcome by carbon monoxide gas in their Brooklyn home on March 25, 2014. (credit: Glenn Schuck/1010 WINS)

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Three women are hospitalized in serious condition after being overcome by carbon monoxide gas in their Brooklyn home Tuesday morning, officials said.

The women were rushed from their two-story home at 299 Arlington Avenue in Cypress Hills to Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx around 5 a.m. to get special hyperbaric chamber treatment, 1010 WINS’ Glenn Schuck reported.

One neighbor said he believes construction work that had been ongoing at the home for the last week could be to blame.

“I think they were doing some construction work and maybe it didn’t go right, it’s really scary,” the neighbor told Schuck.

The victims — ages 80, 49 and 21 — are all expected to survive, authorities said.

“They’re beautiful people, quiet, all to themselves, they don’t bother nobody, they’re responsible,” the neighbor said.

The city said this is yet another reminder to make sure you have working carbon monoxide detectors in your home.

The source of the gas has not yet bee determined.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: