NEW YORK (WLNY) — Now that it’s spring, restaurants are busy switching their menus to lighter dishes.
Here to show us some of his favorite spring fare is Executive Chef Jordan Andino from Little Town Restaurant.
Half Sour Pickle – 1 whole piece
.5 of the pickle sliced into chips — 1/4 inch thick
.5 of the pickle fine chopped
Brioche burger bun (halved) — 1 piece
Baby Arugula — 2 oz.
Roma tomato (1/4 inch sliced) — 1 piece
Mayonnaise — 1/2 cup
Sriracha — 1 oz.
Pickle juice — 1 oz.
Parsley (finely chopped) — 1/2 oz.
Shallots (finely chopped) — 1/2 oz.
Lemon (juice) — 1 piece
7 oz. salmon filet
salt and pepper to taste
Garlic (minced) — 1 teaspoon
1. In a mixing bowl combine lemon juice, shallots, parsley, mayonnaise, chopped pickle, garlic and sriracha – stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed
2. Pan sear salmon after seasoning both sides with salt and pepper
1. For best result – Leave a pan on high for 1 minute with nothing in it. Add 1 tablespoon of oil after a minute and put seasoned salmon (skin side up) into hot pan. Sear until golden brown, flip and put into an oven at 350 F for 6 minutes. Take salmon out and let rest for 2.5 minutes
3. Toast both halves of brioche bun with butter until golden brown
4. Assemble burger in the following order:
1. Bottom bun
7. heaping table spoon of spicy tartar
8. Top bun
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Hidden Hospital Costs Leave Some Patients With Sticker Shock
- Ceiling Collapse In Bronx Public Housing Leaves Toddler Covered In Debris, Family Furious
- Suspect Arrested In 2012 Murder Of 89-Year-Old Man Found Handcuffed Inside Corona Home
- Exclusive Video: Man Rips ATM From Queens Gas Station, Loads It Into Vehicle