NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange say they have “moved forward as a united family” since a video leaked of Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator.
In an exclusive statement to The Associated Press on Thursday, the Knowles-Carter family says Jay Z and Solange have apologized to one another and “they both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public.”
The statement also says reports about Solange being intoxicated and “displaying erratic behavior” are false.
It reads: “We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
The hotel said the fired employee had been terminated for “breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video.”
The video appears to show Solange attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.
The hotel said after the video was first aired that it was “shocked and disappointed” by the security breach. It said Wednesday that it will turn over “all available information to criminal authorities.”
The video spawned the hashtag #WhatJayZSaidToSolange on Twitter, which became a top trending topic, as well as memes and other parodies.
A day after the video was released, Jay Z and Beyonce were spotted sitting courtside together at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to watch the Brooklyn Nets take on the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference semifinals of the NBA playoffs.
Jay Z and Beyonce, who were married in 2008, will kick off their co-headlining “On the Run Tour” on June 25 in Miami.
Solange recently performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, where Beyonce joined her onstage.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- ‘We Will Answer That Threat:’ Nassau County Police Taking Stand Following Threats Against Officers
- ‘Not Your Typical Spa:’ Old-School Bathhouses Making A Comeback
- Rockaway Beach Residents Say Erosion Is Putting Summer Season In Jeopardy
- Nassau County Police On Alert Following ‘Credible’ Threats Against Officers
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)