NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Sources told CBS 2 Wednesday night that police believe a man stabbed and wounded mother, and killed his brother, before turning the knife on himself in Jamaica, Queens.
Police were dispatched at 6:38 p.m. to a residence on 176th Street between Farmers Boulevard and 147th Avenue in Queens.
At the scene, police found a 46-year-old woman stabbed multiple times in the torso, a 25-year-old man also stabbed in the torso, and a 27-year-old man stabbed in the leg. The woman and the younger man were taken to Jamaica Hospital Center, where the woman was reported in stable condition and the man was pronounced dead, police said.
Upon investigation, police have concluded that the older man first stabbed the woman – his mother – and then the younger man – his brother – before stabbing himself, sources told CBS 2.
A neighbor told CBS 2’s Lou Young the suspect was known by the neighborhood to have mental health issues.
“The neighborhood knew about it for a while. He attacked people in the neighborhood before. They just handled it; let his parents know; let the mother know,” said the neighbor, Lamar Benitez.
Benitez claimed the man punched people in the neighborhood in the face, or just “walk around up and down the block, just singing songs and acting crazy.”
The suspect was reported in stable condition at Jamaica Hospital Center under police guard, police said.
Charges were pending late Wednesday and the investigation continued. The name of the man who was killed had not been released late Wednesday.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Potato Leads To Arrest Of Connecticut Stripper In Arson Case
- Woman’s Legs Amputated After Being Hit By Subway Train, Police Say
- Ex-Meat Cutter Files $15 Million Suit Against Whole Foods
- Connecticut Police Investigate How Woman’s Finger Was Bitten Off
- CT Woman Gets Probation After Bringing Handgun To Daughter’s School
- Officials: 1 Dead, 3 injured After Car Falls Through Ice At Conn. Park