Suspect Charged In Attempted Rape Of 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police announced Wednesday that they have arrested and charged a man in the attempted rape of a 61-year-old woman in Woodside, Queens.
Frangklin Lliguichuzhca, 21, of Queens, was charged with attempted rape, first- and second-degree sexual abuse, and assault in the attack on Wednesday, June 11.
The victim was walking near 71st Street and 41st Avenue last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man, Woman Posing As Con Ed Workers Steal $70,000 From Queens Home
- NYPD: Man Grabbed Woman Jogging In Forest Park, Queens
- New York Assisting In Hunt For Pennsylvania State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Police Release Surveillance Video Of Bronx Fight, Shooting
- Cops: Burglary Suspect Entered Brooklyn Apartments Through Fire Escapes
- Cops Seek Help In Identifying Woman Found Floating In East River