Suspect Charged In Attempted Rape Of 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police announced Wednesday that they have arrested and charged a man in the attempted rape of a 61-year-old woman in Woodside, Queens.
Frangklin Lliguichuzhca, 21, of Queens, was charged with attempted rape, first- and second-degree sexual abuse, and assault in the attack on Wednesday, June 11.
The victim was walking near 71st Street and 41st Avenue last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Owner Says Manhattan Cell Phone Store Robbed Twice In 2 Months By Same Man
- 1 Suspect Charged, 1 Sought In Attack On Woman In Midwood
- NYPD: Suspects Sought In Bronx Shooting That Left 3 Injured
- Surveillance Video Shows Man Getting Shot In Face In Brooklyn
- Smiling Bandits Caught On Camera Attacking Brooklyn Woman In Elevator, Hallway
- NYPD Seeks Suspect In String Of Bank Robberies In Queens