Suspect Charged In Attempted Rape Of 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police announced Wednesday that they have arrested and charged a man in the attempted rape of a 61-year-old woman in Woodside, Queens.
Frangklin Lliguichuzhca, 21, of Queens, was charged with attempted rape, first- and second-degree sexual abuse, and assault in the attack on Wednesday, June 11.
The victim was walking near 71st Street and 41st Avenue last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Queens Deli Clerk Hurt After Trying To Stop Men From Taking Beer, Candy
- Police: Man Steals Security Guard’s Car During Attack Outside Queens Casino
- 3 Men Sought In 8 Violent Bronx Robberies
- Autistic Bronx Teen Missing From Brooklyn Park Is Found Safe
- NYPD: Suspects Used Stun Gun During Bronx Bodega Robbery
- Teen Charged In Connection With Rape Of 82-Year-Old Brooklyn Woman