Suspect Charged In Attempted Rape Of 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police announced Wednesday that they have arrested and charged a man in the attempted rape of a 61-year-old woman in Woodside, Queens.
Frangklin Lliguichuzhca, 21, of Queens, was charged with attempted rape, first- and second-degree sexual abuse, and assault in the attack on Wednesday, June 11.
The victim was walking near 71st Street and 41st Avenue last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD Seeks Help Identifying Suspect In Manhattan Burglary Pattern
- Police: 2 Men Wanted In 4 Queens Robberies
- Cops Seek Knife Wielding Suspect In Pair Of Upper West Side Robberies
- Police: Suspects Sought In Connection With Violent Bronx Robbery
- Police: Suspects Hit Coram Diner Worker With Car After Leaving Restaurant Without Paying Bill
- Police: Man Uses Fake Credit Card To Make $5,000 In Purchases At Brentwood Gas Station