Suspect Charged In Attempted Rape Of 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police announced Wednesday that they have arrested and charged a man in the attempted rape of a 61-year-old woman in Woodside, Queens.
Frangklin Lliguichuzhca, 21, of Queens, was charged with attempted rape, first- and second-degree sexual abuse, and assault in the attack on Wednesday, June 11.
The victim was walking near 71st Street and 41st Avenue last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police Release Surveillance Video, Sketch Of Man Wanted In Canarsie Rape
- Police: Men Sought In 13 Midtown Manhattan Burglaries
- NYPD: F Train Rider Bites Another Passenger After Being Asked To Move Her Bag
- Police: Man Sought For Stealing Chains From Women On F Train In Manhattan
- Suspects Fled In White Van After Trying To Pose With Baby In Maternity Ward At NYU Lutheran
- Police: Men Take Off With Cases Of Soda From Coca-Cola Truck In The Bronx