Suspect Charged In Attempted Rape Of 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police announced Wednesday that they have arrested and charged a man in the attempted rape of a 61-year-old woman in Woodside, Queens.
Frangklin Lliguichuzhca, 21, of Queens, was charged with attempted rape, first- and second-degree sexual abuse, and assault in the attack on Wednesday, June 11.
The victim was walking near 71st Street and 41st Avenue last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Claiming To Be Cab Driver Tries To Sexually Assault Woman In Front Of Kids In Queens
- NYPD: Man Groped 2 Women Walking From Prospect Avenue Subway Station In Brooklyn
- Cops: Teen Suspects Rob 14-Year-Old Boy At Gunpoint In The Bronx
- Police: Man Robs 3 Women, Including Mother Pushing Stroller, In The Bronx
- Cops: Round Nearly Misses Police Officer After Man Opens Fire On Brooklyn Street Corner
- NYPD: Model Ataui-Deng Hopkins Found 12 Days After Vanishing