Suspect Charged In String Of Burglaries In Midtown, Chelsea
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A suspect was arrested and charged this week in connection with a string of commercial burglaries in Midtown and Chelsea.
Darnell Lawson, 50, of Harlem, was arrested and charged Friday, police said.
Police initially released information about a pattern of nine incidents, in all of which Lawson is charged.
• On Monday, April 28, a suspect broke into the Michael Alan Group, 22 W. 38th St., and took an iPad, a Macbook Air and cash;
• On Friday, May 9, a suspect broke into Haymarket Media, 114 W. 26th St., and took a Dell laptop;
• On Saturday, May 24, a suspect broke into Crossmedia Inc., 22 W. 23rd St., and took several Macbooks and a bottle of bourbon;
• On Friday, May 30, a suspect broke into APICA, 20 W. 23rd St., and took a laptop;
• On Monday, June 2, a suspect broke into the Michael Alan Group again, and took cash;
• On Thursday, June 12, a suspect broke into Best Apartments, 119 W. 23rd St., but left without taking anything;
• On Friday, June 13, a suspect broke into Prompt Business, 22 W. 38th St., and took laptops and cash;
• Also on Friday, June 13, a suspect broke into Soft Tech Health, 363 Seventh Ave., and took laptops;
• On Friday, June 20, a suspect entered a building at 24 W. 23rd St. and took cash.
Police also suspect Lawson in two more incidents.
• On April 11 around 7:20 p.m., a suspect broke into the building at 247 W. 36th St. and took two Macbooks;
• On June 12 around 9 p.m., a suspect broke into 153 W. 27th St. and took five laptops.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Shuttle America Pilot Spots Drone Near JFK Airport; Third Sighting In 3 Days
- NYC Community Activists Demand Action After 50 People Shot In 25 Incidents
- Officials: Driver Charged In Chain-Reaction Crash That Injured Jersey City Officers, 4 Others
- New York Attorney General To Investigate Death Of Woman In Mount Vernon Police Custody