NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for a man wanted in connection with a string of bank robberies in Queens.
The suspect successfully robbed five banks and tried to hold-up two others, netting more than $34,000 over the last two years, police said.
In each incident, police said the suspect had a cell phone pressed to his hear as he passed a demand note to the teller.
He allegedly displayed a firearm in two of the incidents.
The suspect is believed to be between 30 and 35 years old, approximately 6-feet-tall and weighing about 200 pounds.
Police said he was last seen wearing a New York Yankees baseball hat and a button-down short sleeve shirt. He also had a light beard connected to a goatee, tinted eye glasses and a black wrist watch on his left wrist.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Suspect Takes Off After Punching Woman Walking Her Dog In Chelsea
- Police: Man Wanted For Groping Woman In Bronx Building
- Man Wanted For Stealing Construction Equipment In The Bronx
- NYPD: Woman In Custody For Allegedly Attacking 12-Year-Old With Hockey Stick In Staten Island Park
- Police: Suspects Beat Man In The Face With Unknown Object On Midtown Street
- Cops: Men Beat Driver, Threatened Him With Gun In Bronx Livery Cab Robbery