NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for a man wanted in connection with a string of bank robberies in Queens.
The suspect successfully robbed five banks and tried to hold-up two others, netting more than $34,000 over the last two years, police said.
In each incident, police said the suspect had a cell phone pressed to his hear as he passed a demand note to the teller.
He allegedly displayed a firearm in two of the incidents.
The suspect is believed to be between 30 and 35 years old, approximately 6-feet-tall and weighing about 200 pounds.
Police said he was last seen wearing a New York Yankees baseball hat and a button-down short sleeve shirt. He also had a light beard connected to a goatee, tinted eye glasses and a black wrist watch on his left wrist.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Men Wanted For Assaulting NYPD Traffic Agent In The Bronx
- Gun Toting Passenger Stole Jacket, Cash, And Phones From Cab Driver; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Caught On Camera Robbing Chinese Food Restaurant In Brooklyn
- Older Duo Wanted In Connection With Williamsburg Jewelry Store Robbery
- Exotic Dancer Stripped Of $1,300 In Violent Early Morning Robbery
- Purses, Cash Removed From Cars During String Of Staten Island Break-Ins