NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for a man wanted in connection with a string of bank robberies in Queens.
The suspect successfully robbed five banks and tried to hold-up two others, netting more than $34,000 over the last two years, police said.
In each incident, police said the suspect had a cell phone pressed to his hear as he passed a demand note to the teller.
He allegedly displayed a firearm in two of the incidents.
The suspect is believed to be between 30 and 35 years old, approximately 6-feet-tall and weighing about 200 pounds.
Police said he was last seen wearing a New York Yankees baseball hat and a button-down short sleeve shirt. He also had a light beard connected to a goatee, tinted eye glasses and a black wrist watch on his left wrist.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- WATCH: Man Throws Brick Through Glass Window In Midtown
- Cops: Man Steals Woman’s Purse, Drags Her Across The Ground In Highbridge Section Of The Bronx
- Police: Pair Of Thieves Rob Same Brooklyn Deli Two Nights In A Row
- Subway Stalker Followed Woman From Brooklyn ‘C’ Train Stop
- Police Impersonator Groped, Robbed Woman During Craigslist Meet-Up, Cops Say
- Man Wanted For Questioning In Connection With Swastikas Drawn In Marine Park