Police Believe Dog Accidentally Started Lacey Township Fire
LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A dog accidentally started a fire in southern New Jersey, police said.
The fire started at around 5:15 p.m. Friday at a home on Norwood Drive in Lacey Township.
Investigators told the Asbury Park Press they believe the family’s dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they did not specify how that occurred.
Officials said the hot stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance.
Smoke could be seen billowing from the roof of the home when firefighters arrived on scene, however the fire was quickly put out.
There were no injuries reported and the home was not seriously damaged.
No one was in the home when the fire occurred, but firefighters said the dog was safely removed from the home.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Man Charged In Brooklyn Rape That Left Woman With Lost Teeth
- Elderly Newark Woman Struck By Car During Police Chase, Hospitalized In Serious Condition
- NYPD’s Miller: Gunman In Killings Of Va. Reporter, Cameraman A ‘Classic Injustice Collector’
- Jerry Seinfeld’s Family Lemonade Stand Shut Down By Police On L.I.; Instagram Post Goes Viral
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)