Man’s E-Cigarette Explodes Hours After His Aunt Called To Warn Him About Similar Incidents

BREWSTER, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — A Putnam County man is the latest victim of an e-cigarette explosion.

On Thursday morning, 27-year-old Christopher Gademan had the e-cigarette in his pants’ pocket. He suffered second and third-degree burns to his right thigh.

e cig victim 2 Mans E Cigarette Explodes Hours After His Aunt Called To Warn Him About Similar Incidents

His aunt told CBS2 she saw a story on the news about another e-cigarette explosion and called to tell Gademan about it.

“I said to myself, ‘I have to warn my nephew,’ you know about what’s going on in the news. But he was already aware because he also watches the news,” Elizabeth Gademan said.

A few hours later, the device exploded.

Gademan is now recovering in the burn unit at Westchester Medical Center.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Hey guys if you could share my link. Last Sunday my house caught fire and I lost everything. I have a 1 year old son and I am really just trying to come up with some money.I never would ask if this really did not stress me out. I never in a million year would have thought a fire would just end my stress free life.
    http://www.GofundMe.com /HeavenM

  2. This report should have taken information a step further and informed us of the product that exploded given there are many different manufacturers. This is only half a story!

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

CELEBRATING 50 YEARS
Get Our Morning Briefs

Watch & Listen LIVE