Boy Gets Finger Stuck In Gumball Machine At Greenwich Barber Shop

GREENWICH, Conn. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A young boy eager for a gumball during a visit to the barber shop got more than he bargained for when he got his finger stuck in the machine.

Firefighters and police officers responded to Palms Barber shop in Greenwich after getting a 911 call on Saturday, the Greenwich Time reported.

Co-owner Tony Socci said his staff first tried to free the boy’s finger by spraying oil on it.

Fire Lt. Tom Lenart said the boy, who was around 4, “managed to wedge his finger between the mechanism that spins and allows the gumball to drop.”

Firefighters freed him by breaking the plastic casing around the gumballs with pliers and dismantling the feeder with a screwdriver.

The boy was not hurt and still got his haircut.

(© Copyright 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

CURRENT LISTINGS
CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

Listen Live