Woman Burned When Cooking Spray Explodes In Toms River, New Jersey

TOMS RIVER, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – A New Jersey woman suffered extensive burns when a can of cooking spray exploded.

First responders were called to a home on Almond Drive in Toms River around 5:20 p.m. Friday.

Police said it appears the 46-year-old homeowner was cooking on a stove top when a can of nonstick spray exploded.

She suffered extensive burns to her face, torso and thighs. She was airlifted to a local burn center.

Firefighters put out a small kitchen fire and ventilated the home of heavy smoke.

More From CBS New York

CELEBRATING 50 YEARS
Get Our Morning Briefs
Bloomberg WCBS Tri-State Business Index

Watch & Listen LIVE