NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Two homes in Queens were damaged by a fire on Thanksgiving.

The three-alarm fire started around 7 p.m. on the first floor of a home on 108th Street in Jamaica. The flames then spread to a house next door.

The residents were not hurt, but a firefighter suffered a minor injury.

The flames were under control about an hour and a half later.

The FDNY said Friday the fire was caused by an electrical issue with an extension cord.

More From CBS New York

CELEBRATING 50 YEARS
Get Our Morning Briefs
Bloomberg WCBS Tri-State Business Index

Watch & Listen LIVE