NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Health officials in New Jersey are warning passengers who traveled through Newark Liberty International Airport earlier this month that they may have been exposed to measles.

The New Jersey Department of Health says an international traveler with a confirmed case of the highly contagious disease arrived in Terminal C on Jan. 2, departed for Indianapolis from a domestic terminal, and may have gone to other areas of the airport.

They say anyone at the airport between 6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 2 may have been exposed and could develop symptoms as late as Jan. 23.

Anyone with symptoms of measles — including rash, high fever, cough, runny nose and red, watery eyes — should contact a healthcare provider before going to a medical office or emergency department.

For more information on the disease, visit the CDC’s website.

(© Copyright 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments (13)
  1. Randall Hays says:

And just what IDIOTS allowed an infected traveler from a foreign nation to travel on an airplane to the U.S. and now be the cause all of our U.S. Citizens to be exposed to a measles epidemic on our lands? Who ever they are they need to be fired. We have more than enough to deal with as it is. First illegals coming to our land and trying to tell us what to do and what they are demanding. Second murders coming to our country and killing our citizens and those bringing illegal drugs to our country and killing our children. Now sickos coming here and spreading their sickness to us all. When will it stop? If you are not here legally then get out of our Country, Take your families with you back to your own country. If you are dealing with illegal drugs we need to find you and put you before a firing squad. If you are sick stay in your own part of the world and deal with it there. YOU ARE NOT, NOT A ONE OF YOU, ARE WELCOME HERE. GET OUT.

2. ilovevictoriasbows says:

International traveler from ℁hit hole country

3. You can blame Obama and the Democrats for this with there open borders policy .

4. “The Department has issued a public health alert for potential measles exposure”…maybe they pressed the wrong button?

5. rytwinger says:

Its not fair that we be healthy while third world “folk” suffer….Spread the misery, right demotard traitors?

6. Lort Bizniz says:

OH NO! MMMMMMMMEASLES!

Run for your life!!!!

(yawn)

1. harris9513 says:

Maybe you should look at the history of measles. I clicked on this because of my interest in the fact that many baby boomers may THINK they are covered by a vaccine they received before 1957 but are not…”The CDC says most adults born in 1957 or later should get at least one dose of the MMR (mumps measles ruebella) vaccine.” Measles can kill – adults or children. Your comment is ignorant. Also – people should know that these measles, hepatitis and Tuberculosis scares – even the plague – are due to people coming here from the kind of country’s President Trump describes. You can love your immigrants all you want – but remember most of them don’t even know to watch their hands after they take a poop!

1. harris9513 says:

“Wash their hands” excuse me.

2. Susan Smith says:

A licensed vaccine to prevent measles first became available in 1963, so how was anyone vaccinated before 1957?
        When I was growing up in one child got the measles, we all were sent to play with them, so we could go ahead and get them and get it over with. Those who had the measles have a natural immunity to them.

1. Susan Smith – Immunity can fade with time. I am now in my 60s. When I was five I had chicken pox. When I was 40 I caught it again. Then I developed shingles.
          When I was a kid I was vaccinated for whooping cough. But because people think shots will make their kids autistic, people have stopped vaccinating their kids and there was an outbreak in our area. I caught whooping cough in my 50s. Not fun.
          Chances are excellent all the “childhood diseases” adults think they are immune to because of shots they got 50+ years ago are going to make come backs because of the stupids who won’t vaccinate their kids. Then there is an outbreak and everyone is at risk.

7. Just more love spread by people from sh!hole countries.