Bicyclists, Drivers and Pedestrians must work together to follow all traffic signals, signs and safety regulations.
10 Tips to Sharing Paths, Roads & Trails for “A Safer City”
- Do not dodge in and out of traffic, ride bicycle in a straight line
- Wear light reflective clothing and use lights when riding at night
- Wear a properly fitted helmet
- Bicycles should include a working bell, brake and light
- Do not drive bicycle against the flow of traffic
- Pedestrians should use the sidewalks when they are available
- If forced to walk in the street, always face traffic as far to the left as possible
- Drivers should always watch for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Always use caution, obey the speed limit and slowdown in school zones.
- Only use a hands-free mobile device when operating a vehicle