Latest Autos News
- 200-Year-Old Tree Suddenly Falls In Summit Neighborhood, Crushes Two Cars It's unclear how it happened, but one look at the fallen tree and it appears the inside of the trunk is rotted out.
- Good Samaritans Lift Transit Van Off Pinned Woman Along Busy 14th Street A woman was struck by a transit van in Chelsea Thursday night and found herself trapped underneath, and witnesses who saw it happen stepped in to save her.
- Man, 93, Killed After Being Struck By 2 Vehicles In Crown Heights Hit & Run A 93-year-old man was killed Tuesday in a double hit-and-run crash in Crown Heights that was caught on security video.
- NYC Taxis Testing New Safety Technology, Including 'Black Box' Recorders The pilot program in a dozen taxis and for-hire vehicles keeps an electronic eye on the driver and the road.
- Shoppers Upset By Violent Altercation Caught On Video At Green Acres Mall Police are continuing to investigate a violent exchange at a Long Island mall parking lot.
- Study: Distractions Play Role In 58 Percent Of Crashes Involving Teen Drivers Distractions play a far greater role in car crashes involving teen drivers than has been previously understood, according to compelling new evidence cited by safety researchers.
- Automated Car Set To Drive Itself From San Francisco To New York A road trip from California to New York that starts on Sunday is about to make headlines.
- DC Environmental Director To Tout Hydrogen-Powered Car The District of Columbia's top environmental official will be taking a spin in a new car that's powered by air.
- CBS2 Exclusive: Jefferson Township Gas Station Accused Of Watering Down Fuel When Dina DiGirolamo filled up her Ford Focus Wednesday night at the Delta gas station on Route 23 in Jefferson Township, she said she got mostly water in her fuel tank, not gasoline.
- Drop In Parking, Traffic Tickets Around The 5 Boroughs Could Be Costing The City Big NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton will meet with the heads of the police unions on Wednesday, and there are few doubts that the dramatic drop in parking and traffic tickets will be discussed.