Latest NY NYC ELECTIONS
Dante de Blasio has been named one of Time magazine’s 16 most influential teenagers of 2013. The campaign ad featuring the teen and his trademark Afro certainly helped dad, Bill, get elected mayor. But, it doesn’t stop there.
The Democrat was elected last week and takes office Jan. 1. He returned to New York after spending several days in Puerto Rico for a political conference and some vacation time.
The comptroller said he will sue for damages for loss of civil rights, mental and emotional harm, loss of professional reputation and loss of dignity.
Bill de Blasio is faced with figuring out a way to guarantee the safety of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly — men who have terrorists and others gunning for them — when they return to private life.
Emboldened by a historic landslide, Bill de Blasio seeks to push ahead with an ambitious liberal agenda aimed at easing the economic inequality.
- Following De Blasio Win, Local Leaders Call For City To Drop Stop-And-Frisk Appeal 11/06/2013
- Town Of De Blasio’s Italian Roots Cheers Mayoral Win 11/06/2013
- Councilwoman Letitia James Elected City Public Advocate 11/06/2013
- Stringer Wins Contest For New York City Comptroller 11/06/2013
- 4 Democrats, 1 Republican Elected As NYC Borough Presidents 11/05/2013
- De Blasio: ‘I Will Never Forget That As Mayor, I Work For You’ 11/05/2013
- Thompson Beats Hynes In Brooklyn District Attorney Race 11/05/2013
- NY Voters Approve Major State Casino Measure 11/05/2013
- Lhota Slams De Blasio For Not Speaking Against Belafonte’s Remarks 11/04/2013