Latest NY OWS Protest
“It’s a popular event for the community, but given the conditions… we felt it was not a safe environment,” Linda Hanick of Trinity Church said.
A woman who was pepper sprayed during an Occupy Wall Street protest last year has filed a civil suit against the New York Police Department and the officer involved.
“Occupy is a different kind of movement because we’re not trying to work within the political system,” said demonstrator Emily Reynolds. “We’re trying to build people power and we’re trying to push from the outside.”
Monday will mark the one-year anniversary of the start of the Occupy Wall Street protests, but Occupiers are getting the celebration started early.
Jackie Barcliff allegedly forced the victim to the elevated level of Pier 15 park near the East River, raped her, and tossed her over the railing to the ground below, police said.
- Judge Orders Twitter To Turn Over Tweets By ‘Occupy’ Protester 07/02/2012
- Occupiers Convicted Of Trespassing 06/18/2012
- OWS Marks ‘May Day’ With Marches & Protests Across NYC 05/01/2012
- Charges Dropped Against Councilman Arrested At Occupy Wall Street 04/05/2012
- Hundreds With Occupy Wall Street Rally Against Police Brutality 03/24/2012
- Hundreds Of OWS Protesters, NYPD Clash In Union Square Park 03/21/2012
- Bloomberg Defends NYPD Despite Criticism Over Handling Of Occupy Wall Street Protests 03/19/2012
- Dozens Of Arrests As Protestors Re-Occupy Zuccotti Park To Kick-Off Spring Offensive 03/17/2012
- Gov. Christie To Hold Lunchtime Rally For Romney In Illinois 03/15/2012