Latest NY OWS
When the Occupy Wall Street movement was setting up shop in Zuccotti Park last year, the FBI was already using counter-terrorism agents to investigate it, according to a report.
He’s a doctor and a passionate supporter of the Occupy Wall Street movement, but prosecutors say the New Jersey physician was hiding something in his apartment that could have proved deadly.
“It’s a popular event for the community, but given the conditions… we felt it was not a safe environment,” Linda Hanick of Trinity Church said.
A woman who was pepper sprayed during an Occupy Wall Street protest last year has filed a civil suit against the New York Police Department and the officer involved.
“Occupy is a different kind of movement because we’re not trying to work within the political system,” said demonstrator Emily Reynolds. “We’re trying to build people power and we’re trying to push from the outside.”
- Occupy Wall Street Prepares To Celebrate One Year Anniversary With Call To Action 09/15/2012
- NYPD Hunts Occupy Wall Street Rape Suspect 09/13/2012
- City Won’t Defend NYPD Officer In ‘Occupy’ Pepper Spray Lawsuit 08/03/2012
- Judge Orders Twitter To Turn Over Tweets By ‘Occupy’ Protester 07/02/2012
- Occupiers Convicted Of Trespassing 06/18/2012
- Occupy Wall Street Movement Gets By With A Little Help From Its Musical Friends 05/23/2012
- OWS Marks ‘May Day’ With Marches & Protests Across NYC 05/01/2012
- Charges Dropped Against Councilman Arrested At Occupy Wall Street 04/05/2012
- Hundreds With Occupy Wall Street Rally Against Police Brutality 03/24/2012