Political Blog Progressive
Latest NY Political Blog Progressive
This New Year ushers in a new Congress and a large Freshman class. Here’s hoping that new faces create needed change on the Hill.
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
- Opinion: GOP Too Extreme 2012/12/20
- Opinion: Gun Reform 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Guns 2012/12/18
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 2012/12/12
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 2012/12/11
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Recovery 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 2012/12/10