Latest College Hoops News
- Chris Mullin Officially Named St. John's New Head Coach "Obviously, it's a surreal experience," Mullin said in a statement Tuesday. "This is a role I have been preparing for all of my life."
- Iowa State Assistant Abdelmassih To Join Mullin's Staff At St. John's Matt Abdelmassih was considered Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg's top recruiter, helping sign Royce White, DeAndre Kane and current starter Jameel McKay.
- Malloy: Move 2016 Final Four Unless Indiana Changes Law Gov. Dan Malloy and UConn's athletic director called on the NCAA on Monday to consider moving next year's Women's Final Four out of Indianapolis.
- Keidel: Is Coach K Closing In On Wooden As The Greatest Of All Time? Even if you don't consider Coach K the equal of Coach Wooden -- or even close -- there's no shame in coming in second place. At least in this case.
- Carnesecca On Mullin Hiring: 'This Is A Great Day For St. John's' "People seem to be worried about his lack of coaching experience, but how many people have had the basketball education he has?"
- Jeff Neubauer 'Thrilled' To Lead Fordham Men's Basketball Program Neubauer replaces Tom Pecora, who was fired this month after five seasons. He compiled a 44-106 record, including 10-21 this season.
- UConn Women Beat Dayton 91-70, Earn 8th Straight Final Four Berth Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis scored 27 points to help UConn beat Dayton 91-70 on Monday night to advance to the national semifinals for an eighth straight season.
- Reports: Chris Mullin Accepts St. John's Head Coaching Job St. John's hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game since 2000. Administrators apparently think Chris Mullin, a member of the school's 1985 Final Four team, is the man to end that drought.