Latest College Hoops News
- Duke Imposes Its Will In Second Half, Beats St. John's For Coach K's 1,000th Victory Mike Krzyzewski earned his 1,000th career win Sunday, making him the first NCAA Division I men's coach to reach the milestone, when No. 5 Duke surged past St. John's in the second half for a 77-68 victory at Madison Square Garden.
- Butler Routs No. 24 Seton Hall 77-57 Andrew Chrabascz scored 15 of his 16 points in the first half, Kellen Dunham added 15 points, and Roosevelt Jones had 12 and seven rebounds for the Bulldogs (15-6, 5-3 Big East), who have won four of five.
- Keidel: If You're A Sports Fan, It's Better To Be A Bostonian Than A New Yorker Beyond our native hubris, do we have absolutely anything to be proud of? Do we have any hardihood on the hardwood, diamond or gridiron?
- Paschall Leads Rams With 17 As Fordham Falls To GW 79-59 John Kopriva scored 19 points, and Patricio Garino added 16 and eight rebounds to help George Washington beat Fordham 79-59 on Thursday night.
- Pointer, Harrison Lead Rally As St. John’s Edges Marquette 60-57 Sir'Dominic Pointer scored a pair of consecutive baskets to spark a final rally and D'Angelo Harrison sank a pair of key free throws as St. John's battled past Marquette 60-57.
- Shorthanded Michigan Beats Rutgers 54-50 Derrick Walton Jr. scored 10 of his 12 points in the final six minutes as short-handed Michigan defeated Rutgers 54-50 on Tuesday night.
- Coach K's First Shot At 1,000 Wins Will Come Against St. John's At MSG His first chance to become the first men's coach in Division I history to reach four figures comes Sunday against St. John's in Madison Square Garden.
- Kentucky Stays Atop AP Poll; Seton Hall Slips To No. 24 With a national-best six ranked teams, the Big 12's conference race is having an every-week impact on the AP Top 25.