Latest College Hoops News
- St. John's Holds Off Providence's 2nd Half Rally, 75-66 Sir'Dominic Pointer had 20 points, seven rebounds and five assists to help St. John's beat Providence 75-66 on Saturday.
- Gibbs, Whitehead Lead Seton Hall Past Xavier 90-82 Sterling Gibbs scored 22 points, Isaiah Whitehead had 19 and Seton Hall used a late 9-0 run on Saturday to defeat Xavier 90-82.
- Seton Hall Rides Early 2nd Half Surge To 80-70 Win Over Marquette Sterling Gibbs scored 24 points, including 11 straight for Seton Hall early in the second half, and had 10 assists to lead the Pirates past Marquette 80-70 on Wednesday night.
- Creighton Beats St. John’s 77-74, Snaps 9-Game Skid Toby Hegner had 21 points, James Milliken nailed a pair of late 3-pointers and Creighton snapped a nine-game skid, beating St. John's 77-74 on Wednesday night.
- Michigan State-Rutgers Men's Basketball Game Rescheduled For Thursday Michigan State (13-7, 4-3) and Rutgers (10-11, 2-6) will make up their snow-postponed Big Ten Conference men's basketball game on Thursday night.
- Duke Imposes Its Will In Second Half, Beats St. John's For Coach K's 1,000th Victory Mike Krzyzewski earned his 1,000th career win Sunday, making him the first NCAA Division I men's coach to reach the milestone, when No. 5 Duke surged past St. John's in the second half for a 77-68 victory at Madison Square Garden.
- Butler Routs No. 24 Seton Hall 77-57 Andrew Chrabascz scored 15 of his 16 points in the first half, Kellen Dunham added 15 points, and Roosevelt Jones had 12 and seven rebounds for the Bulldogs (15-6, 5-3 Big East), who have won four of five.
- Keidel: If You're A Sports Fan, It's Better To Be A Bostonian Than A New Yorker Beyond our native hubris, do we have absolutely anything to be proud of? Do we have any hardihood on the hardwood, diamond or gridiron?