Latest College Hoops News
- Louisville Board OKs Firing Of Pitino In Hoops Scandal Louisville's interim president was authorized Monday to fire Rick Pitino because of a federal bribery investigation, a scandal that has shaken the university and brought down one of the most prominent coaches in college basketball.
- Louisville Places Pitino On Unpaid Leave; Coach's Lawyer Says He Has Effectively Been Fired Louisville has placed coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich on administrative leave amid a federal bribery investigation.
- Francesa: College Basketball Corruption Allegations Are Not At All Shocking On Tuesday, prosecutors announced that 10 people, including assistant basketball coaches from Arizona, Auburn, Southern California and Oklahoma State, have been arrested on federal corruption charges.
- Villanova, Basketball World Mourn The Death Of Rollie Massimino Rollie Massimino took the stage surrounded by a band, students, and scores of blue-and-white balloons and delivered a speech as fiery as one of his Villanova halftime pep talks.
- Former St. John's Basketball Star Solly Walker Dies At 85 Walker played at St. John's from 1951-54. In his first year, he helped lead St. John's to the NCAA championship game, the first of the school's two Final Four appearances.
- Roy Williams On WFAN: Redemption Fueled Tar Heels' Championship Run North Carolina coach Roy Williams says the seeds for this season's national championship were planted almost immediately after the Tar Heels' heartbreaking loss to Villanova in last year's title game.
- Back At Georgetown, Ewing Eyes 'New Era' As Basketball Coach Patrick Ewing, Georgetown's new basketball coach, and John Thompson Jr., Ewing's coach with the Hoyas all those decades ago, greeted each other with a bear hug.
- Silverman: UNC-Gonzaga Joins This Group Of Championship Stinkers It should not matter to North Carolina or its fans, but the championship game performance by the Tar Heels and Gonzaga Bulldogs on Monday night was a classic stinker.