Latest College Hoops News
- Former St. John's Basketball Star Solly Walker Dies At 85 Walker played at St. John's from 1951-54. In his first year, he helped lead St. John's to the NCAA championship game, the first of the school's two Final Four appearances.
- Roy Williams On WFAN: Redemption Fueled Tar Heels' Championship Run North Carolina coach Roy Williams says the seeds for this season's national championship were planted almost immediately after the Tar Heels' heartbreaking loss to Villanova in last year's title game.
- Back At Georgetown, Ewing Eyes 'New Era' As Basketball Coach Patrick Ewing, Georgetown's new basketball coach, and John Thompson Jr., Ewing's coach with the Hoyas all those decades ago, greeted each other with a bear hug.
- Silverman: UNC-Gonzaga Joins This Group Of Championship Stinkers It should not matter to North Carolina or its fans, but the championship game performance by the Tar Heels and Gonzaga Bulldogs on Monday night was a classic stinker.
- Francesa: Refs Ruined NCAA Championship Game Francesa said the game ended up being a "whistle fest and a foul fest with really just unbelievable calls."
- NCAA: North Carolina Can Host Events After Rolling Back 'Bathroom Bill' The governing body said Tuesday its Board of Governors had reviewed moves to repeal the "bathroom bill" and replace it with a compromise law.
- PHOTOS: North Carolina Beats Gonzaga In NCAA Championship Game Photos from the NCAA men's basketball national championship game between North Carolina and Gonzaga.
- North Carolina Captures 6th National Title, Beats Gonzaga 71-65 The Tar Heels survived an ugly, foul-filled second half to beat Gonzaga 71-65. They scored the final eight points of the game to pull out the win.