Latest Open News
- Bencic Overcomes Emotion To Beat Misaki Doi In Three Sets Bencic was so down in Wednesday's second-round U.S. Open match that she cried on court. She got all the way back up to save triple match point and go on to win in three sets.
- Serena Wakes Up Late In 1st Set, Fights Her Way Into 3rd Round Of The US Open With her bid for a true Grand Slam at stake, and facing a qualifier ranked only 110th, Serena Williams was far from dominant in the second round of the US Open on Wednesday, but she found a way.
- Murray Steady In Face Of Kyrgios’ First Round Antics At US Open Andy Murray was only briefly troubled by Nick Kyrgios in the most-anticipated match of the U.S. Open's first round.
- Wozniacki Powers Into US Open Second Round Fourth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki was in quite a hurry Tuesday, when she needed just 67 minutes to win at the US Open against an opponent making her Grand Slam debut.
- Liguori: Seeded Women Already Becoming An Endangered Species At US Open The US Open women's draw is taking a hit in the early going, with seeded players getting squashed right and left.
- US Open Serving Up Some Pricey Food, Drinks A brisket sandwich sells for $15 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, and a spinach salad costs $14.