Latest Open News
- Cilic Leaves Little Doubt, Smashes Nishikori In US Open Final Marin Cilic of Croatia won his first Grand Slam title by beating Kei Nishikori of Japan 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 on Monday in the U.S. Open final, a year after missing the tournament because of a doping suspension.
- Liguori: Marin Cilic Dominates To Win First Grand Slam Title Marin Cilic won his very first Grand Slam title. The towering 25- year-old from Croatia dominated Kay Nishikori in straights sets, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.
- Kei Nishikori, Marin Cilic Meet In Surprising US Open Final It's among the most unexpected championship matchups in tennis history. Neither is currently ranked in the top 10. And neither has played in a major final, let alone won one.
- Liguori: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title Serena Williams dominated Caroline Wozniacki 6-3 6-3 in a match that took only an hour and 15 minutes. Serena smacked over 7 times the number of winners (29 winners to Wozniacki’s 4).
- Williams Tops Wozniacki, Picks Up Third Consecutive US Open Title Serena Williams ended a difficult-for-her Grand Slam season in the best way possible, winning her third consecutive U.S. Open title by beating Caroline Wozniacki 6-3, 6-3 on Sunday.
- Federer Loses To Marin Cilic In US Open Semifinals Roger Federer could not pull off another big escape at the U.S. Open, losing 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in the semifinals Saturday against Croatia's Marin Cilic.