Latest NFL News
- Silverman: Where's The Leadership? And Where The Heck Is Goodell? A week ago, it seemed the world was angry at Roger Goodell because he had botched the Ray Rice decision. That was just the tip of the iceberg.
- Vikings Bar Adrian Peterson From All Team Activities; RB Could Be Done For Year Peterson is charged with a felony for using a wooden switch to spank his 4-year-old son and now could miss the rest of the season while the case proceeds through the court system.
- NFLPA Appeals Ray Rice's Indefinite NFL Suspension NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith told CBS News Tuesday that the union is required by obligation to defend Ray Rice as he challenges his suspension stemming from a February domestic incident.
- Anheuser-Busch, One Of NFL's Biggest Sponsors, 'Disappointed' In League Anheuser-Busch, one of the NFL's biggest sponsors, says it isn't happy with the recent controversy that has engulfed the league.
- Giants: Jernigan To Season-Ending IR, Beason Aggravates Foot Injury A day after learning cornerback Walter Thurmond had been lost for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle, the Giants announced on Tuesday that wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan was placed on season-ending IR.
- CBS Sports' Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football When he was drafted by the Houston Oilers in 1985, no-one expected Steve Tasker to last very long in the NFL. He may not have lasted more than one season in Houston, but the minute wide receiver and special teams ace last 12 more with the Buffalo...
- 'The Timeout' Joins The Pantheon Of The Greatest Gaffes In Jets History Moments after the Jets' 34-21 loss to Green Bay on Sunday, social media was buzzing about the timeout call that wiped out a tying touchdown late in the fourth quarter. It conjured images of other great mistakes in franchise history.
- 10 Most Embarrassing Moments Of The Last Decade Of Jets Football Not that it's fun to poke fun at the Jets, but these days, it's just so darn easy. What went down Sunday was yet another example of bad fortune that this team has experienced during its history.
- Tale Of The Tape: Pittsburgh Steelers At Carolina Panthers The Steelers are a veteran team that should understand how to play in a big game, but they appeared unprepared for their Week Two game with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Tale Of The Tape: Kansas City Chiefs At Miami Dolphins The Chiefs picked it up quite a bit in losing a 24-17 decision at Denver, and that should be encouraging to Andy Reid and quarterback Alex Smith.