- Study: Storms Like Hurricane Sandy Could Hit Tri-State Area More Frequently A team of researchers created a computer model that predicts the likelihood of other Sandy-like flood events in New York City, and the findings are alarming, CBS2's Elise Finch reports.
- Contractor Accused Of Scamming Sandy Victims Arrested In Florida A contractor accused of scamming Superstorm Sandy victims has been caught. Police picked up Richard Woodard last week in Florida.
- NYPD: Baby Found Safe After Mother Allegedly Abducts Her From Foster Care Center Police said the mother of the child was at the New York Foundling Community Services center on supervised visitation.
- Councilman: More Than A Dozen Girls Reported Missing In The Bronx In Past 2 Years City Councilman Andy King (D-12th) was sounding the alarm Thursday, with more than a dozen girls having been reported missing in the Bronx in the last two years.
- New York Awards $12-Million To Provide Generators To Gas Stations Along Evacuation Route Governor Andrew Cuomo wants to ensure that along the hurricane evacuation route strategically located gas stations with at least four pumps are operational and able to provide gas to first responders.
- CBS Poll: Americans Divided Over Transgender Bathroom Laws Americans remain divided over the issue of whether transgender people should use the restroom of their birth gender, or of the gender they identify with.
- Fire Island Gears Up For Summer Tourism After Successful 2015 According to a new report, visitors created $23 million in economic benefits for the Long Island vacation hot spot in 2015.
- Manhattan DA Hopes To Give Those With Outstanding Warrants A 'Clean Slate' The Manhattan District attorney is holding another "clean slate" day, where people with open warrants for low level offenses get a chance to wipe their records clean.
- Contractor Accused Of Ripping Off Sandy Victim Before Disappearing To Florida The recovery from Superstorm Sandy has, for too many, never really happened.
- Trump Rally In Chicago Abruptly Postponed Amid Protests, Clashes A Donald Trump rally planned for Friday evening in Chicago was abruptly postponed, following massive clashes between protesters.