Latest NY Syndicated Local
State Rep. Joe Verrengia is behind the effort to try 16- and 17-year-olds as adults in court for these dangerous street assaults. The measure would make such attacks a felony.
Shawn Custis, 43, appeared before a judge at his arraignment in Newark on Tuesday morning. Authorities said Custis broke into the Millburn home on June 21, 2013 and beat a mother of two for nearly 10 minutes.
The body of 48-year-old Mohamed Hamwi was discovered just after midnight Tuesday near the intersection of 105th Avenue and 173rd Street, police said.
After the fire was extinguished, responding officers found 82-year-old Gloria Hillman unconscious and unresponsive in her third-floor apartment, police said.
Nassau County police said Jasmine Joseph’s gray Nissan Altima was found early Tuesday morning in a parking lot in Syosset off the Jericho Turnpike less than half a mile from her home.
- Schumer: NYC ‘Taking Its Sweet Time’ Distributing Federal Sandy Aid 2 hours ago
- Kean Working To Ensure ‘Upskirt’ Photos Are Illegal In New Jersey 3 hours ago
- Police Arrest Suspect In Queens Attempted Luring 3 hours ago
- Police Release Photos Of Suspects Wanted In Violent Manhattan Robbery 4 hours ago
- Cops: Suspects Sought In Commercial Burglaries In Queens 4 hours ago
- Fatal Accident Causes Service Disruptions On 3 LIRR Lines 5 hours ago
- Cops Searching For Suspect Wanted In Hoboken Sex Assault 6 hours ago
- Police: Woman’s Finger Was Nearly Bitten Off In N.J. Mall Fight 13 hours ago
- Seen At 11: Remodel Your Mind With BrainCore Therapy 14 hours ago