Latest Open News
- Teen Sensation CiCi Bellis Bounced From US Open In Second Round CiCi Bellis started nervously, then won seven games in a row during one stretch, but in the end, was beaten 6-3, 0-6, 6-2 by 48th-ranked Zarina Diyas of Kazakhstan.
- Former French Open Winner Ana Ivanovic Bounced Out Of US Open Ivanovic, who had been having her best season since winning the French Open in 2008, lost to Karolina Pliskova 7-5, 6-4 in the second round Thursday.
- Venus Williams Makes 3rd Round Of US Open For First Time In 4 Years Two-time champion Venus Williams won a place in the third round of the U.S. Open Wednesday night for the first time since 2010, a year before she announced she had been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.
- Liguori: Stephens Doesn’t Look Hungry Enough In Earliest Exit At US Open Sloane Stephens has carried the burden of being considered the possible successor to top- ranked Serena Williams for a while now. It’s either too much pressure for her, she’s not hungry enough or she doesn’t want it bad enough.
- No. 5 Sharapova Avoids Becoming Another Notable Upset On Day 3 Of Open Maria Sharapova rallied from a set down to overcome a shaky serve and advance at the U.S. Open.
- Liguori: American Teenage Sensation CiCi Bellis Steals The Show You should be hearing her name a lot more in the future. CiCi (short for Catherine) Bellis became the story in the early stages of the U.S. Open.