Firehouse Cook-Off Contest
After entries were submitted from all around the tri-state area, CBS RADIO New York’s Firehouse Chili Cook-Off Contest semi-finalists will compete against other local firehouses to see whose chili recipe reigns supreme. At establishments in New Jersey and New York, the staple food of firefighters will be cooked, tasted and judged by local sports figures, and one fire company at each event will move into the final round of the competition.
Each of the 12 firehouses in the semi-finals has the chance to impress the judges, which include former New York Giant and CBS Sports Radio host, Tiki Barber, as well as former NFL punter Sean Landeta.
Each semi-finalist firehouse will receive a $500 donation to their charity of choice.
Congratulations to Cedar Grove Fire Department who were recognized as the best Firehouse Chili at the final round on Sunday, Jan. 12 at Suite 36 in New York City. They will receive tickets to a suite at Yankee Stadium for a 2014 game.
January 5: Break Bar & Billiards (32-04 Broadway, Long Island City, NY)
- Bronx – Ladder 27 (Tremont section)
- FDNY Engine 16/ Ladder 7 (NYC- Kips Bay/ Gramercy)
- FDNY Engine 265, Ladder 121 (Far Rockaway, NY) – WINNER
- FDNY Engine 168 (Staten Island, NY)
December 15: Miller’s Ale House (270 Route 4 East, Paramus, NJ)
- Cedar Grove Fire Department (Essex County, NJ) – Center Fire Company No.1 – WINNER
- Little Falls Fire Department ( Passaic County, NJ) – Engine Company #2
- Paramus Fire Department – Company 2 (Paramus, NJ)
- North Hudson Regional Fire & Rescue, 43rd Street Firehouse (Union City, NJ)
December 8: Miller’s Ale House (3046 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown, NY)
- Long Beach Professional Fire Fighters – Engine Company 3 (Long Beach & Atlantic Beach)
- Glenville Volunteer Fire Company – Station 4 (Greenwich, CT)
- Rockville Center Fire Department – Eureka Hook and Ladder Company #1 (Nassau County)
- Village of Hastings-on-Hudson – Engine 44 (Hastings-on-Hudson, NY) – WINNER