NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Con Edison and Orange & Rockland Utilities said they will distribute both dry and wet ice at various locations to customers without power due to superstorm Sandy.
Con Ed warns that instructions for safe handling and disposal of dry ice are printed on the bag for those who pick up dry ice. Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide and should be used only in well-ventilated areas. Keep children and pets safely away.
See below for the full list of ice distribution locations:
- Walgreen’s, 532 Neptune Ave. (between W. 5th & 6th Streets)
- 1846 Radcliff Avenue (Between Morris Park Avenue & Rhinelander Avenue) Bronx, NY 10462
- Francis Lewis Playground PS130 at Francis Lewis Blvd & 42 Avenue
- The entrance to Great Kills Park on Buffalo Street
- IBM Complex/Town Park at Business Park Dr. parking lot. Set GPS for 200 Business Park Drive.
- Yonkers Raceway – 810 Yonkers Avenue
- Union Square Park – 14th Street and Union Square West (South Side)
Rockland County, NY
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Orange County, NY
Village of South Blooming Grove Town Hall
10 a.m. to 12 noon
811 Route 208
Bergen County, NJ
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
285 Campgaw Road
Sullivan County, NY
Town of Lumberland Town Hall
2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
1055 Proctor Road
Glen Spey, NY