I got my start in radio in February 2000 in Newton, New Jersey, as a disc jockey on a country station (Hot Country 106.3). How did I end up doing sports in New York?! Anyway, I eventually moved over to a classic rock station in the same building (Classic Hits 103.7); a little more my speed.. Zeppelin rocks!
But being that this was Sussex County, I was making no money. They started me out at six bucks an hour, and eventually bumped up to eight.. ooooh!
I had to go to the place my broadcasting heart always desired… the Big Apple. I didn’t get on the air right away, but after several demo tapes to several stations and the approval of one WCBS News Radio 880, I got my start doing traffic in April 2004, and then in December that same year I moved over to sports. I quickly discovered that talking about home runs, touchdowns, and buzzer beaters was a lot more exciting than the memorial stalled tractor trailer on the Cross Bronx.
I’ve been a sports guy ever since, and I love it, especially here at WCBS 880.
- 1Planned Jets Helipad Has Madison, N.J., Residents Fuming
- 2Palladino: Jets’ Circus None Of Steve Smith’s Business
- 3Jets RB Mike Goodson Arrested On Drug, Weapons Charges
- 4Panthers WR Steve Smith Rips Mark Sanchez: ‘He Sucks!’
- 5Freeney’s Father: Dwight Would ‘Love’ To Play For...
- 6David Garrard Considers Coaching Internship Offer From Jets
- 7Mayweather Jr. Named Highest-Earning Athlete In America By SI; A-Rod,...