Categories: News Weather Stories

More Latest Photos

Hurricane Ophelia Hits U.K., IrelandHurricane Ophelia was downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone, but still caused damage in Ireland and parts of England, Wales and Scotland on Monday, Oct. 16, 2017.
Yankees-Astros ALCSPhotos from the American League Championship Series between the New York Yankees and Houston Astros.
Yankees-Indians ALDSPhotos from the American League Division Series between the Yankees and Cleveland Indians.
California Wine Country WildfiresAt least 10 people were confirmed dead late Monday, Oct. 9, 2017, as wildfires raged in Northern California wine country.
Bronx Zoo Welcomes Baby Gelada BaboonA furry little newcomer made his debut at the Bronx Zoo in October.
Yankees-Twins Wild-Card GameHighlights from the Yankees-Twins American League wild-card game on Tuesday night.

1. Mo says:

Look at the ticker….Javitz…really?

2. Mike D says:

The Church Steeple was grounded, the lighting struck the tip of course and travelled down the ‘ground wire’ into the earth to a depth of 3″ above the 80 year old water main constructed of lead and steel – The Ultimate End to the electrical charge. Citizens can think of it this way, some of you had ionized water to drink for a period of time.

3. pete says:

cbs, the only good idea about moble 2 is hazel, now thats a good looking women. all else is stupid

4. Love NYC and Snow! : ) says:

Beautiful, beautiful snow! Mother nature is amazing!!! : )

1. Denise Aponte Smith Kline says:

God is amazing!

5. isabela ayala says:

snoowww

1. MadAsHell says:

I Think the Mobil Unit 2 Idea sucks. Mobil unit cut out during new cast. Its not working. Just give us the news and send crews out in the field not the car.

6. R says:

FELICA IS AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER

7. Firefox1095 says:

Don’t you hate it when the plows push the snow aside blocking your cars.

8. david m says:

I can’t believe that in this age of Ipads and technological marvels that we still can’t melt snow 🙂

Thank you brave workers that made it in today so everyone else can be safe

Dave in Brooklyn

1. Unknown says:

Good thing we can’t. If melting snow became so easy, schools will never close. Oh and I LOVE snow so melting it fast is not something that i like much

9. Anna says:

Lincoln Avenue in Rockville Centre, a county road, has not been adequately plowed since the Christmas storm. We are the only rental apartment in the area, we do not have a lot, and we have not been able to park within two blocks for a month. A phenomenal inconvenience for most of us, but unbelievably dangerous for the children and the seniors. Calls to the County Executive over a week ago were not returned within 24 hours as promised

10. Anna says:

Lincoln Avenue in Rockville Centre, a county road, has not been adequately plowed since the Christmas storm. We are the only rental apartment in the area, we do not have a lot, and we have not been able to park within two blocks for a month. A phenomenal inconvenience for most of us, but unbelievably dangerous for the children and the seniors. Calls to the County Executive were not returned.

11. Karen Gamble says:

My neighborhood is still snow filled & that’s after the snow plows have comee thru.

12. Joseph REina says:

The plows came down my street and plowed a mounting of snow into the side of my suv and now my car is off of the two wheels on the driver side any more snow my car will flip on its side

13. Pam says:

I Live In South Floral Park, NY. It looks Like a winter wonderland. However, the streets have not been plowed. Thank you Mayor Bloomberg for closing all none essential City Agencies. I would not have been able to get to work otherwise.

14. Emily Ma says:

My streets still has not been plowed. Cars are still trying to dig themselves out of the snow. Thank goodness they have closed schools.

15. Lois says:

Staten Island alwAys get hit hard with snow, when do you come hear all you seem to care about Is new Jersey, brooklyn, Long Island and westchester.
    What about us. I watch your news every day just make me mad that no care about us.

16. Darren L. says:

My street just got plowedat 4 am in West Hempstead-sidestreet(Hamilton Ave.)

17. Beth Greenspan says:

Observe the car in the background of Dave Carlin’s report from the train station. The car’s front passenger window is barely cleaned off and trhe rest of the windows are completekly snow covered impairing the driver’s ability to see. THIS DESERVES ATTENTION and the driver should be called out!!!

18. Linda Cardona says:

I love the snow. I live near Cental Park and I was out there this morning and took some beautifu scenic pictures. It was breath taking. It is a Winter Wonderland.