Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Affordable Care Act Projected To Meet Enrollee Goal The Obama administration says a new technical problem briefly prevented last-minute users from signing up on the government's health insurance website.
- Obama Administration Adds More Time For Some Health Care Applicants The Obama administration has extended the deadline for enrollment in the Affordable Care Act.
- Protesters Turn Out As U.S. Supreme Court Hears Hobby Lobby Case On Birth Control Coverage Protesters came out in full force Tuesday as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case pitting employers’ religious beliefs against the Affordable Care Act's birth control mandate.
- HHS Secretary In NJ To Push Health Insurance Enrollment Ahead Of Next Week's Deadline Those who fail to sign up for health insurance by next Monday will not be able to enroll until next year and will have to pay a penalty on their taxes.
- Obama Announces 2-Year Extension For Canceled Health Plans Warding off the specter of election-year health insurance cancellations, the Obama administration Wednesday announced a two-year extension for individual policies that don't meet requirements of the new health care law.
- Obamacare Enrollment In New York: Over 100,000 So Far Over 100,000 residents of New York have successfully enrolled so far. New York has more than two million uninsured residents.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.
- Largest N.J. Health Insurer Dropping Some Coverage Plans In Response To Affordable Care Act Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield says it will not renew any small-group or individual health plans next year.
- Couple Blasts 'Absolutely Insane' Provision To Keep Doctor Under Affordable Care Act Insurance companies say they are cutting some doctors from their plans to save money, due to the program known by some as Obamacare.
- Obamacare Key Dates In 2014 Implementation of the health reform law continues through 2014 with these key dates.