The city Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s rule is going into effect next month, requiring fish being served raw or under cooked to first be frozen to kill off bacteria.
WCBS 880’s Rich Lamb reports that 88 percent of New Yorkers say they use the grading system to make dining decisions.
The health department said a letter will be sent to all stores with liquor licenses on Monday, reminding them to check IDs and to make sure employees are trained to avoid selling to underage buyers.
Mayor Bill de Blasio said synthetic marijuana is a real problem.
Figures from the health department show inspectors dished out fewer violations this year compared with last year.
A woman who died of an apparent heart attack in Brooklyn has tested negative for Ebola, sources tell CBS2.
The Health Department said that inspectors never saw an animal inside of the bar before, and that “dogs, and other service animals, are prohibited in any food service establishment.”
Mayor Bill de Blasio, a mild asthmatic himself, says doctors are watchful for D68, especially keeping an eye on asthmatics with particularly severe symptoms.
The New York City clinic where Joan Rivers went into cardiac arrest is now under investigation.
The beaches were closed Friday night and all day Saturday due to a wastewater plant malfunction that released thousands of gallons of sewage into Oyster Bay Harbor, the Nassau County Department of Health said.
What looked like a winter wonderland was actually the result of a faulty pipe that leaked baking powder all over the woman’s home.
A carriage driver has been accused of altering a hoof brand to make a 22-year-old draft horse with a breathing ailment appear to be a healthier horse nearly half its age.
Fines will go down overall, but the city will maintain the letter grading system implemented by former mayor Michael Bloomberg in 2010.
So far, 16 cases have been identified including 9 children and 7 adults, officials said. Four people have been hospitalized.
The Rockland County Health Department said anyone who was at the mall this past Sunday, Feb. 2, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. may have been exposed.