10. Ohio State (7-1): Unfortunately, Ohio State will need for a million things to go their way for them to accomplish the goals they had coming into the season.
When the first official BCS rankings were released Sunday the Sooners took the top spot. Their prize is a trip to Missouri to take on the defensive-minded Tigers.
10. Utah (6-0): It’s just not the record that impresses me – because they don’t play the best of competition – it’s the team, and the way they play on both sides of the ball.
The Ducks climbed to the top spot for the first time Sunday, moving up one position during an off week after previously top-ranked Ohio State lost 31-18 at Wisconsin on Saturday night.
The Buckeyes celebrate their new #1 ranking by taking a trip to Madison to take on the Wisconsin Badgers. Surviving this test will be no easy feat for Jim Tressel and company.
10. Michigan State (6-0): The Spartans are another team that made a huge statement on Saturday with their convincing win over rival Michigan at the Big House.
I realize anything can happen in an SEC game. But I never thought there was any way Alabama would actually lose to South Carolina.
The Tide travel to Columbia to take on their third straight ranked SEC team. They passed the first two tests with flying colors. This week against the Gamecocks could be the ugliest of them all.
10. Arkansas (3-1): I put the Razorbacks ahead of teams such as Utah, Miami and Stanford because they are more deserving.
We headed into the weekend with a plethora of marquee matchups, but very few of them actually lived up to the hype. However, despite the lack of drama, we saw some big statements made.
We are entering the best Saturday of the season to date. The headliner is #7 Florida visiting Tuscaloosa to take on #1 Alabama.
1. Alabama (4-0): The Tide got a big scare from Arkansas. But what doesn’t kill them only makes them stronger.
Alabama 24 Arkansas 20: We knew this was the best game of the weekend heading in, and it certainly lived up to the hype.
Can you believe it’s week 4 already? The good news is we are entering what is by far the best weekend of college football we’ve had to this point.
1. Alabama (3-0): Mark Ingram returned with a bang, rushing for 151 yards and 2 touchdowns on just 9 carries in the Tide’s 62-13 thrashing of Duke. A huge showdown in Little Rock awaits…