Tarrytown Faulted In Manhole Suffocation Deaths The village of Tarrytown endangered its workers -- including two men who died in a manhole -- by allowing them to enter dangerous spaces without proper training and equipment, the state Labor Dept. said Friday.
Tarrytown Mourns Loss Of 2 Men in Manhole Accident Tarrytown officials concluded Thursday that the tragic deaths of two friends killed by toxic fumes inside a manhole over Labor Day Weekend could have been avoided.
Officials To Investigate Tarrytown Manhole TragedyAnthony Ruggiero and John Kelly, childhood friends, both fell victim to toxic fumes they encountered while in a waste sewer line, 15-feet below ground, at the rear of a local firehouse.
Firefighter, Worker Die In Tarrytown Manhole IncidentA firefighter who climbed down into a manhole to try to rescue a worker apparently was overcome by fumes and died along with the man he tried to save.