It took firefighters three hours to bring the blaze under control.
An overloaded power strip plugged into a wall socket was blamed Sunday for sparking a fire at a Union City, N.J., apartment building that left two residents injured and a dog dead.
Some disabled residents of one apartment building in the Bronx feel trapped in their own homes, with the elevator they desperately need out of service for the last two months.
Four residents and two firefighters were removed to area hospitals.
Police on Staten Island are looking for a man and woman robbery team that viciously attacked an elderly couple as they were entering their home on Sunday night.
A five-story apartment building was consumed by flames and residents had to flee onto icy fire escapes to get out alive.
An early morning fire that burned through four row houses in Paterson on Wednesday has left 26 people displaced.
Nassau County police said the gas apparently leaked from a first-floor deli in Garden City Park into the apartments upstairs.
Twenty-six displaced families who were sent to live in shelters and hotels across the city returned to their apartments Monday.
In Westchester County, tenants ran for their lives Monday as fire and smoke engulfed their three-story home just days before Christmas.
Dozens of families are out of their homes after the fire department shut down a section of their Bronx apartment building.