If there’s a squad that should be rewarded outside the power six conferences with a No. 1 seed, it’s New Mexico.
TCU and Louisiana Tech enter Wednesday night riding seven game win streaks—however, that is where the comparisons end.
A person familiar with the decision says the Big East will invite Boise State, Navy and Air Force for football only and SMU, Houston and Central Florida for all sports.
Clemson and Kansas State tumbled in The Associated Press college football poll after losing for the first time this season, and the top five teams in the rankings held their ground.
The Big East is in danger of losing another school before replacing the three that already have bailed on the league.
An official in the Big East told the AP on Saturday that a conference call would be held Monday to deal with the exit fee and other expansion issues.
Even before kickoff of their inaugural league game, however, there were rumblings the Broncos, who left the Western Athletic Conference after a decade of dominance, would be bolting again.
Conference leaders are slated to vote Monday on raising that fee, which will clear the way to invite six new members.
The college football season is back, and not a second too soon. This year’s race to the BCS title is wide open. I know that’s one of those overused clichés, but this year it rings truer than ever.
After whiffing on cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, the Jets need second-year pro Kyle Wilson to step up his game. Let’s just say he had a rough introduction to life in the NFL.
Now that the New Mexico, Humanitarian and New Orleans bowls are over with, the real bowl season begins. I don’t mean to hype the upcoming slate of games up too much, but they will provide a nice taste of what’s to come.
10. Boise State (11-1): The Broncos came a Kyle Brotzman chip-shot field goal away from making things very interesting in the BCS – But unfortunately for Kellen Moore and company, their kicker choked.
NEW YORK (AP) Boise State said goodbye to its top-five ranking for the first time this season. The Broncos dropped six spots to No. 9 in The Associated Press college football poll Sunday after having […]
In an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, Bob Kustra angrily responded to Ohio State President Gordon Gee’s statement that TCU and Boise State don’t deserve to be in the Bowl Championship Series title game even if they run the table.
10. Alabama (9-2): For some insane reason the Tide played Georgia State – I repeat Georgia State – this late in the season.
- One Tank Trips: Duke Farms Wax or Real? 'World War Z' Premiere Scaffold Collapse At Hearst...
- The 67th Annual Tony Awards... Stars Arrive At The 2013 Tony... Funeral For Frank Lautenberg Enterprise Pavilion Update
- Manhattanhenge 2013 Apparent Home Explosion In... President Obama Visits Jersey... Memorial Day 2013
- Shuttle Pavilion Update Tornado Devastates Moore,... Metro-North Derailment Repairs Bridgeport Metro-North Train...